1/4 mile time 15.2 is something wrong

Tony Corley

Reaction score
I'll be starting a build thread soon on the '94. Not much to see at the moment. I have lots of Photobucket pics of some of the other Stangs I've owned.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If you are concerned about that, then stop taking it to the track. Not trying to be a smartass, just saying that even spinning, it can and will break drivetrain parts. The cars that are running quicker than you are applying the technique of "Drive it like you stole it"! Making more power is only going to add to the possibility of breaking something.

True...but there is a difference between taking one's daily driver to see what it is capable of vs. a purpose-built car for drag racing. On the former, I can see wanting to do things to improve the times while minimizing the risk of absolutely destroying it. On the latter, the whole point is to go faster, so then it becomes a "fix what broke and drive it faster" mentality because that's the goal.

If the OP is one of the former, let's just see what this thing can do type of guy, then I totally get not wanting to risk breaking things. If the OP wants to build a drag car...well then okay. Things are going to break.

kb1982

Reaction score
If you don't have a good clutch, driving it like you stole it, I'd be willing to bet it will be the first thing to die. Next will be the t5 transmission. U can slip the clutch to help longevity of parts and keep from spinning, but it will kill a clutch after awhile, and takes lots of practice to be consistent.

Tony Corley

Reaction score
True...but there is a difference between taking one's daily driver to see what it is capable of vs. a purpose-built car for drag racing. On the former, I can see wanting to do things to improve the times while minimizing the risk of absolutely destroying it. On the latter, the whole point is to go faster, so then it becomes a "fix what broke and drive it faster" mentality because that's the goal.

If the OP is one of the former, let's just see what this thing can do type of guy, then I totally get not wanting to risk breaking things. If the OP wants to build a drag car...well then okay. Things are going to break.

The point I was making was that if he continues to keep taking it to the dragstrip on a regular basis, then he's going to break something.
If he wants to know why his car only runs 15.20's when others are running quicker, the answer is now easily apparent. Concerned about breaking it, so taking it easy on it. Problem solved.
If you want to make it quicker, before worrying about hp mods, save your money, put tires on it that allow you to run quicker, then when it breaks, upgrade the broken parts to something that will hold up. Then you will have a solid base to build hp on.
And for the record, the car I was referring to building will be driven an average of 300 miles per week, plus back and forth to the track.

RichV

Reaction score
That's weird on the trap speed. It shouldn't change drastically unless you did some engine modifications.

The 2 gear sets should yield a similar trap speed, even though one's ET will be lower. Maybe it wasn't running right the 1st time you went out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online