1000 to spend, choices??

SaleenStang94

Reaction score
iv saved up about $1000 and u can see in my sig what iv done so far. what should i buy next that will give my car what's needed most. 1) tires: mine are 2 yrs old and are approaching the ware bar. 2) brakes: other than the brembo rotors they are stock and not very good. i would replace them to cobra (2 piston) or brembo 2000 cobra r (4 piston). 3) suspension: its completly stock, i would go with steeda springs, cc plates, good shocks and struts. 4) motor: stock tb, pullies, igintion. i would upgrade all 3 with, 75mm tb with opened inlet to intake, asp pullies, msd and dynotune.
thanks for the help!

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
well go for the most important thing ....... you need brakes and tires very important we dont want u to get into a car accident and hurt yourself so get some good tires and if possible if money is left over just put it away and save some more for the everything else that you need like the springs ect..... but its up to you good luck :thumb:

dnkapcorydnk

Reaction score
I got a bone stock 94 gt, my only upgrade is ford handling package with 17'' bullets and g-force t/a kdw tires and they are AWSOME. I dont know what ur driving style is but i like cutting corners and having a real nice handling car. If you drag its not exactly the ideal set up but it will help.

OP
OP
S

SaleenStang94

Reaction score
i road race basically, currently running 285s in the front and rear. thanks for the imput, any other sugestions anyone? or different imputs?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
tires first ( safety issue ) and then whatever you want most and can afford :dunno:

94twinscrew

Reaction score
Tires,brakes,and new throttle body.......then save up another $300 to buy an used nitrous system! :thumb:

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Get some remaned cobra calipers (about $60 a piece) and new pads($30) and rotors($120) from a parts store. Then Eibach sportlines, KYB AGX's all around and some MM CC plates and an alignment.

SVTGizzi

Reaction score
so i can just get cobra calipers, brackets, pads and rotors and that will work on my GT? i saw in a magazine they sell a 94-95 cobra brake kit for $500 but cant i just get the parts i just listed?? it would be much cheaper...

OP
OP
S

SaleenStang94

Reaction score
yeah sounds good, im def doing tires first. but my car tends to stall when i put it in reverse. i think im gonna get tb and pullies followed by a good tune. i hope the tune will fix the problem and give more power. suspension and brake will have to wait alil.

jpajkos

Reaction score
I'm not sure what kind of suspension mods you have but I would invest in some Rear lower control arms if you don't have them to help plant that rear end down. Also If you don't have gears maybe a nice set of 3.73s? I would work on suspension since your already have h/c/i and forged internals. Horsepower and torque isnt shit if you can't get it to hook up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txcoqi

Members online