11's Possible?

OP
OP
H
Reaction score
Justin, what are the chances that my rear hold up to a slick? Doesn't that create more shock on the rear from a launch, or does that apply more to a stick?

330CubeGt

Reaction score
When you get the car to really hook you will find your next weak link as the stock spider gears will probably come apart. When my car was 5 spd I launched at 5500 and grenaded the diff and sheered the teeth right off the spiders with only 300hp. The auto even will a stall will have a lot less drivetrain shock so you might be safe.The other weak link for a auto car is the stock stub shaft. If you have a 96-98 auto tranny like me the stub shaft will probably let go around 400rwhp.its wise to buy a upgraded hardned version or a stock 99-04 year tranny came with a factory hardned shaft.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Justin, what are the chances that my rear hold up to a slick? Doesn't that create more shock on the rear from a launch, or does that apply more to a stick?

Should be fine and a slick is actually better for the whole drivetrain since the wrinkle wall absorbs a lot of shock.

Stick cars have a problem because they will run a DR and dump the clutch....so if it dead hooks, the tire doesnt give at all and the rear end/ drivetrain takes all the shock so shit breaks.

I dont think you will ever hurt the stock rear end even with an auto on a wrinkle wall tire.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online