1200 in the bank!

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
I WANT MODSSSSSSSSS! what do i dooooooo? im so bored of slowness...

but i need so much stuff!

250 going to box builder for sub

tires - 100-500 dollars, still cant decide on new or used tires

80 dollars to clutch cable

thinking something is wrong with the tranny... (synchros?)

valve seals are bad and my motor is just eating my oil a quart a week.

and i have to find someone to do my inspection.. no cats so good luck to me.. it expires this month.

I WANT A NICE STREET CAR WITH POWER!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

why cant my new credit card just allow me to spend the 2500 dollar limit and never pay it back? ideas gangstas! give em to me... im bored with my car.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
quickstang_1994 said:
fix what messed up then see what you have left.

Yup, #1 most important is to FIX whats wrong wit it now. Get it in top running order THEN spend money on mods, if you dont have gears yet that would be my suggestion. If you do I would look at Long tubes / Mid pipe .........

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Well if I were you. Don't add anything more to the car until everything that is broken or not working correctly is fixed. This will save you some headaches down the road. Second, your car already looks pretty badass, I'd save money for more worthwhile mods like a blower instead of very slight gains here and there.

Did you get your intake gasket fixed yet or your car tuned?

WyoTechMSA

Reaction score
You should probably quit ragging on your car that has bad seals and goes through oil like gas. Idea 1

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
i talked to my local performance shop and they said in all the years they have been workin on mustangs, they have never seen one bad set of intake gaskets from an N/A cobra...

so im thinking the possibility of those gaskets bein bad are pretty slim.. and no tune yet. was supposed to get it done but i wanted to find out what was wrong with the motor. which all im aware that is wrong with it now is the valve seals.

WyoTechMSA

Reaction score
Haha, youre right, I know from experience Tex, fix what is wrong first.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
[TxCobrA98 said:
]
i talked to my local performance shop and they said in all the years they have been workin on mustangs, they have never seen one bad set of intake gaskets from an N/A cobra...

so im thinking the possibility of those gaskets bein bad are pretty slim.. and no tune yet. was supposed to get it done but i wanted to find out what was wrong with the motor. which all im aware that is wrong with it now is the valve seals.

I thought you said the car was stuttering in high rpms or something?

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Money in the bank, shawty wutcha drank?

I'd just do the VTEC swap with the K20. There ya have it.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
i dont rag on my car. first time ive driven over 100 mph (105) was like 3 days ago.. last time i did it was in october.

yeah i get on it quick every now and then but nothing major. i dont do burnouts or anything and i haven't raced anyone in months.

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
[TxCobrA98 said:
]
i dont rag on my car. first time ive driven over 100 mph (105) was like 3 days ago.. last time i did it was in october.

yeah i get on it quick every now and then but nothing major. i dont do burnouts or anything and i haven't raced anyone in months.
thats bangin on it and thats good for it

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
Red96GT said:
I thought you said the car was stuttering in high rpms or something?

i believe thats cause of my a/f mixture. i mean im no mechanic or anything but i think thats whats causing that..

what led me to believe the intake gaskets was how my car would randomly start idling up to 2-3k rpms and wouldn't go down even if i rolled in first gear. i would have to turn the car off..

it hasn't done that since last summer.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
well if you want to do mods be prepared to put a motor in it a quart a week!!!!! thats got some issues man how many miles a week do you drive?? its burning it??? and if you want power then ditch the queer sub idea... i now have hearing problems from 5 years with 15's in my blazer...im anti-sub now

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
do you guys think getting a tune would be a bad option at this time? first off to fix my a/f ratio.. it drops below 10 on the dyno.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
tRaV_19 said:
well if you want to do mods be prepared to put a motor in it a quart a week!!!!! thats got some issues man how many miles a week do you drive?? its burning it??? and if you want power then ditch the queer sub idea... i now have hearing problems from 5 years with 15's in my blazer...im anti-sub now

haha its a single 10" kicker L5 w/ a 750.1 amp.. i wont ever have it turned up anyways cause id rather hear my car.. its more for show purposes and the extra bass during music.. i will probably have the the bass boost turned all the way down anyways. i dont care for anything loud.

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
[TxCobrA98 said:
]
do you guys think getting a tune would be a bad option at this time? first off to fix my a/f ratio.. it drops below 10 on the dyno.
wow your gonna end up needing a motor if you dont get it fixed.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
[TxCobrA98 said:
]

I'd do a valvejob way before the dyno tune. I don't think you have enough boltons to mess with your a/f ratio quite yet but I could be wrong.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
sub= weight

weight= less performance lol be like the ricer kids and rip all your interior out and only leave your drivers seat :lame:

WyoTechMSA

Reaction score
Get the motor healthy before you start spending money on a tune and all that other bs. Have you cleaned your IAT and MAF, how are your plugs and wires? All of these things can cause what you are describing. Your A/F is gonna do that, its how the stock tune is...safe. 9:1 is rich as hell

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online