1200 in the bank!

Suspect

Reaction score
i have that much in my pocket right now. going into the car plus more. :)

quickstang_1994 said:
fix what messed up then see what you have left.
+1

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
i thought awhile ago you mentioned something about your car using oil :dunno:

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
scarface said:
it was intake problems and oil consumption I remember that.

yeah i remember you telling him to fix it because he wanted to get headers

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
but when i went to get a quote on the intake gaskets and stuff, they said that the intake gaskets are probably not the problem... and reason i haven't gotten the valve seals done is because i was quoted 1400 dollars for just labor.......

nesqwick_05

Reaction score
i say fix the problem, then cams and tune if the money is there still. i would probably say gears, but i havent felt what the gear swap is like...

68mustang5.0

Reaction score
nes said:
i say fix the problem, then cams and tune if the money is there still. i would probably say gears, but i havent felt what the gear swap is like...

Cams alone for the 4 valve motors are like 1500 bucks....

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
do a good sized gear...nothing beats it...dont waste your time or money on a tiny 3.73 ...totally worthless

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
scarface said:
4:30 gears :)

its what im rocking right now and im totally happy...but i origianally wanted to go bigger 4.56 but i think with the 408 build it might be too steep

nesqwick_05

Reaction score
68mustang5.0 said:
nes said:

then he can search around the classifieds for a good deal. just saying if it where up to me and i was looking for as many go fast parts as possible, the classifieds are my friends. worst comes to worst, throw a nice shot of nitrous on it 8). thats what made me wanna keep modding my car...

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
nes said:
68mustang5.0 said:
nes said:

then he can search around the classifieds for a good deal. just saying if it where up to me and i was looking for as many go fast parts as possible, the classifieds are my friends. worst comes to worst, throw a nice shot of nitrous on it 8). thats what made me wanna keep modding my car...

I'm pretty sure he's already with 4.10s

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
nah i want 4.10's but haven't done it yet.. i probably wont start modding the car again for a while because ill be fixing the other stuff and i start college in 3 weeks.. my last day at my job is this friday so i wont have any more money for like a month.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
i will tell you 4.30's made my car enjoyable and then adding nitrous made me fall in love with it again O0 now the mods are starting once more...its bad because im enjoying the 5.0 and cant bring myself to yank it out yet...i think you will love a 4.10 gear its close to a 4.30 and i have nooo regrets not one!! but what are your mods trey?? that way we can look at what areas could use a little help and not have to spend a fortune

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
my only performance mods are mac offroad h, mufflers, and cold air intake.. unless your counting like plugs and wires lol.

Fryrice

Reaction score
Hey Ive got $1200 to spend ,I want a fast car with power,but I dont wanna spend a lot of money,Im considering buying used tires for less traction ,Im having engine problems so Im gonna spend $1000 on my stereo ! So now Im broke.

How much power will Seafoam add ? :rollinglaugh:

S

scarface

Fryrice said:
Hey Ive got $1200 to spend ,I want a fast car with power,but I dont wanna spend a lot of money,Im considering buying used tires for less traction ,Im having engine problems so Im gonna spend $1000 on my stereo ! So now Im broke.

:slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap:

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
[TxCobrA98 said:
]
i just called lonestar performance which is where i buy most of my mods.. they have been working on all types of performance cars (mainly fords) since well along time i knwo that.. they are nice friendly guys and they told me to call them back on monday and they will schedule me for a leakdown test..

can you guys tell me what a leakdown test is?

it will tell you where you are loosing compression. its similar to a compression test but it narrows down the problem much better. it should find out where your problem is. just curious how much are they charging you? its not that hard to do

Fryrice

Reaction score
scarface said:
Fryrice said:

:slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap:

Hey,Im not into the rough stuff.... :comando:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001