1994-2004 TMI Sport R500 Low Back Released

5litrarag

Reaction score
We only have one saddle - PM your address and I can send you a sample. However, the Sport R500's are only being released in matte black vinyl w/ 5 variations for stripe/stitching color: White, Red, Gray, Black, and Blue.
Sorry no - the stripes are not optional, they are part of the pattern. However you could opt to get the stripes the same black vinyl as the seats and they would blend in.
We can do custom colors and combinations - but there will be an up charge for the custom colors on these seats.
Ok... are the foams used on this seat going to be available separately? Or are they the same as the 03-04 cobra foams that you sell already?

OP
OP
gate keeper

gate keeper

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ok... are the foams used on this seat going to be available separately? Or are they the same as the 03-04 cobra foams that you sell already?

These foams were designed completely new for this seat, I'm not positive we will offer them separately - I'm curious, what would you do with a custom shaped foam and no upholstery to fit it?

5litrarag

Reaction score
These foams were designed completely new for this seat, I'm not positive we will offer them separately - I'm curious, what would you do with a custom shaped foam and no upholstery to fit it?

Get upholstery to fit it. hahaha
I asked because I like the style of the foam, but not so much the vinyl material or the pattern. See, I have two cars... One of my cars has a black interior and the other has tan. Both are leather. The tan one wont ever be converted to black and I'm afraid the tan you mentioned will be the same beige shade as the later cars which wont match the rest of the interior. The black one could work with the seat but I'd really prefer leather and Im not really working on that car right now. I have much bigger fish to fry on that one yet... See what im saying?

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Get upholstery to fit it. hahaha
I asked because I like the style of the foam, but not so much the vinyl material or the pattern. See, I have two cars... One of my cars has a black interior and the other has tan. Both are leather. The tan one wont ever be converted to black and I'm afraid the tan you mentioned will be the same beige shade as the later cars which wont match the rest of the interior. The black one could work with the seat but I'd really prefer leather and Im not really working on that car right now. I have much bigger fish to fry on that one yet... See what im saying?

I believe they sell Leather sets too.
However, waylon recommends the vinyl even though the leather costs more money. Vinyl has come so far since the crap that comes to everyone mind.

Also, to my knowledge TMI is suppose to have really great oem color match.

5litrarag

Reaction score
I believe they sell Leather sets too.
However, waylon recommends the vinyl even though the leather costs more money. Vinyl has come so far since the crap that comes to everyone mind.

Also, to my knowledge TMI is suppose to have really great oem color match.

Yeah I get that, but Im not crazy about the pattern either. In this case it'd be in a convertible that doesnt have stripes or any crazy interior mods, so I tend to think they'd look out of place... So I may as well get leather that I really like and a pattern that I like as well.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I get that, but Im not crazy about the pattern either. In this case it'd be in a convertible that doesnt have stripes or any crazy interior mods, so I tend to think they'd look out of place... So I may as well get leather that I really like and a pattern that I like as well.

I'm the same, I like the GT500 look but not in my car.

I actually still prefer the Sport R version on pg 16 for my car.

New seats look really good with the headrest!

OP
OP
gate keeper

gate keeper

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I'm the same, I like the GT500 look but not in my car.

I actually still prefer the Sport R version on pg 16 for my car.

New seats look really good with the headrest!

Thanks - appreciate the input

As of right now for the SN95's we have these options:

Sport R500 High Back
Sport R500 Low Back
Sport R High Back
2001 Cobra
2003-04 Cobra (including Mystic and 35th Anvsry)
2003-04 Mach 1
1994-98 GT
1999-04 GT

And to think that list was none existent when I started here :)

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thats why we love TMI!

When I decide what I want for my interior you will get my business.

Black Sport R high back with tan stitching would work well in my vert.

96_SVT_Cobra

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could you PM me details about how much the up charge would be for custom color stripes with the sport r500 seats as well as the total price for complete kit for front and rear seats. i was thinking of maybe going with the same yellow color or close to it that is on my busa, i believe they call it marble daytona yellow.

5litrarag

Reaction score
Ok... so then what shade of "saddle" interiors are you guys using? The original 94-96 color that was close to a peanut butter shade or that really light almost beige color? Also, will the stripes be optional?

We only have one saddle - PM your address and I can send you a sample. However, the Sport R500's are only being released in matte black vinyl w/ 5 variations for stripe/stitching color: White, Red, Gray, Black, and Blue.
Sorry no - the stripes are not optional, they are part of the pattern. However you could opt to get the stripes the same black vinyl as the seats and they would blend in.
We can do custom colors and combinations - but there will be an up charge for the custom colors on these seats.

I just got your sample and the color is what I expected... so I'm guessing the only hope for me would be a custom color vinyl. Oh one more thing, the quality of the vinyl is much nicer than I expected as well. Went outside and snapped a quick pic for those who might be interested. Not sure why my camera has the weird lines in the image, but I only had a few minutes to mess with it.

20140330_212245.jpg

OP
OP
gate keeper

gate keeper

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Do any of the vinyl samples have the number 6873 on the back of them?
If not, it would appear that the saddle vinyl didn't get added in to that envelope before it shipped.
Let me know if it was missing and I'll send it out myself this afternoon.

Thanks

Waylon

5litrarag

Reaction score
i dont remember that number being in there and I wont be home for another day or so. But then again when I got home from my last work trip, the envelope was already open, so its possible it fell out someplace in my house. haha If you get a minute drop one in the mail for me. Thanks

OP
OP
gate keeper

gate keeper

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Wanted to dig up this thread as we have finally finished our new '94-14 new product line and just recently released all of our new guides to our Authorized Dealers list.
And no one has moved as fast at getting the new stuff up as JP over at http://www.modifymystang.com/ - check this site out for pricing on our entire new Sport Series line including the Sport R500 Lowback that this thread helped create!
Below are a few of the new seat upholstery kits that finally ready for primetime:

oh and btw: keep your eyeballs peeled as a VERY well known SN95 owner bought a set of these R500 lowbacks a few weeks ago and his iconic car is currently at the Upholstery Shop getting them installed!! :headbang:

Untitled-1_zpsb26585e1.jpg

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Oh my... You labeled someone's SN95 as iconic??? Has to be Dan or perhaps Jon Sowa..

Acheivement Unlocked:
Egotisicalifornication 50 gamer points

LOL

OP
OP
gate keeper

gate keeper

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
maybe i should replace the word Iconic with - well known, or popular?

And nope, no beans will be spilled. You'll see soon enough.

Mustanger

Reaction score
Nice update glad to see the LowBack R500's Looking so good!...Blue stripes & Black Suede inserts....delicious!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I had planned on finding a place that could do something that cool to my stock seats as I always liked the comfort levels of them just not the look. If Justin didn't blow up his sn and sold the corbea's that he put in only a couple of months earlier I would be all over these.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The Sport R's do it for me :)

Will be a tough choice between those and your 04 Cobra seats in SN Black when the time comes for new covers.

Oh and it must be a left coast car getting seats...
[MENTION=8116]Dalamar[/MENTION] ?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrowdKiller

Members online

No members online now.