1994 CD Player

lutter94

Reaction score
how did you bypass the amp? Only way I know would have required you to switch speaker wires at the speaker as well.
Did you read all the posts? I posted a pic and the part number is in the posts after it

OP
OP
B

bmcgc

Reaction score
My 94 GT convertible has the AM/FM/CASS with separate CD player and one amp located under the CD player.

I used the Metra 70-1770 harness.

On cars with the single amp there is a speaker harness connector on the right side of the radio opening that is attached to the radio support. I unplugged this connector and plugged it into the matching Metra harness. The Crutchfield instructions described this pretty well. The end of the factory harness that remains unplugged goes to the factory amp. The end of the harness that goes to the Metra harness goes to the car speakers.

No cutting or splicing, no extra harness to bypass the factory amp. Pretty easy install.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the bypass harness is there no matter what model or radio you have the only problem with it is that it only plays the tweeters. Its easy enough to swap out the woofers and use the tweeter speaker wire though.

OP
OP
B

bmcgc

Reaction score
So are you saying that I am only getting the highs to my speakers?

This weekend I swapped out all four speakers with Jensen 4-ways. Pretty easy install. I also installed new rear speaker covers and new switch plates for the doors.

My interior looks factory new now. One of the things I like about SN95s is that many of the factory parts are still available, they aren't cheap, but at least we can get them.

Is my car wired for the Mach 460? There are a couple unused plugs under the rear seat. What else could they be for?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if you had the full mach system with the tweeters and did what you did it only leaves the tweeters playing.

If you have the upgraded system with one amp in the dash and no tweeters in the mirrors then they will play as normal although upgrading speakers will make a huge improvement.

I just didn't want someone with the full 460 to think that those instructions would fix everything. There is just one more step to go through to make it work but its still easy to bypass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5pointSL0

Members online