1994 Cobra Time!

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Nice score on the Vortech . I did like the opposite mystic got set aside needing love and grabbed a 95 . Love the shop by the way .

OP
OP
D

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Nice score on the Vortech . I did like the opposite mystic got set aside needing love and grabbed a 95 . Love the shop by the way .

Yup, the Mystic is setting aside right now too. The trans is supposedly low mileage rebuild, tons of paperwork, but def got a few unhappy synchros. I never really connected with the car. It was fun but I didn't feel right doing any mods to it with it being a decent driver Mystic. So it'll get fixed eventually when I feel like dropping the trans and sold to fund other, more fun things like this car and the Vette.

OP
OP
D

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
nc_ohc=caRwkNYrLG8AX8lVCKP&_nc_ht=scontent.fmem1-1.jpg
nc_ohc=bi5N5s-h3TYAX9Oyfy9&_nc_ht=scontent.fmem1-1.jpg

Well I snagged a great deal on some of my favorite wheels ever. Tires are absolutely trashed and one wheel has some chrome trying to leave the chat but I couldn't pass them up for the price. I'm not crazy about the hydrodipped CF but it's growing on me but looking to get these powdercoated around the first of the year. The parts pile grows.

badass98svt

Reaction score
View attachment 22279
View attachment 22280

Well I snagged a great deal on some of my favorite wheels ever. Tires are absolutely trashed and one wheel has some chrome trying to leave the chat but I couldn't pass them up for the price. I'm not crazy about the hydrodipped CF but it's growing on me but looking to get these powdercoated around the first of the year. The parts pile grows.

I had a set of 18x9/11 True Forged Vector wheels. Mine were fully polished and mint. I only had them on the car for 1 season before I took them off and regretfully sold them (for a very pretty penny). Keeping up with the polished wheels was just too much for me. I barely drive my car at all either. Sounds like yours are chrome, and you're going with PC anyway.

Seriously though, TF is the real deal. Fantastic wheels. What size? Do they have the IRS offset and big brake cut?
The IRS offset put the wheels right out to the edge of the rear quarter on my 98. The TF 03/04 wheels fit perfect on our cars.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I had a set of 18x9/11.5 True Forged Vector wheels. Mine were fully polished and mint. I only had them on the car for 1 season before I took them off and regretfully sold them (for a very pretty penny). Keeping up with the polished wheels was just too much for me. I barely drive my car at all either. Sounds like yours are chrome, and you're going with PC anyway.

Seriously though, TF is the real deal. Fantastic wheels. What size? Do they have the IRS offset and big brake cut?
The IRS offset put the wheels right out to the edge of the rear quarter on my 98. The TF 03/04 wheels fit perfect on our cars.

The owner wasn't 100% sure on size and offsets. I'm pretty confident they are 18x9/11, but he was thinking 18x9/9.5, which is goofy because they've got 335s mounted on the rears with minimum bulge. They were on a New Edge SA car, so they might be a little pokey but I'll find out this afternoon, about to mock them up on the Mystic just to see the one a car, the 94 is way too low for them currently.

OP
OP
D

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
looks like a nice shop. Contractors suck....

This has been the weirdest deal, I'm STILL waiting on the garage door. If you get the right person at the company, stuff moves nice and fast, but apparently it's a gamble.

badass98svt

Reaction score
The owner wasn't 100% sure on size and offsets. I'm pretty confident they are 18x9/11, but he was thinking 18x9/9.5, which is goofy because they've got 335s mounted on the rears with minimum bulge. They were on a New Edge SA car, so they might be a little pokey but I'll find out this afternoon, about to mock them up on the Mystic just to see the one a car, the 94 is way too low for them currently.

There's info engraved on the back of each wheel, you could always contact Steve and get all the specs.
I bet they are 18x9/11.

This was what mine looked like. Does the rear lip look similar on yours?
1671388541262.png

1671388582275.png

You can vaguely see the engraved # on the hub in this pic. It's between 2 of the holes in the top left of the hub in the pic.IMG_20221218_134216.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
nc_ohc=ryEb-QcejQYAX_Dctw7&_nc_ht=scontent.fmem1-2.jpg

nc_ohc=aaCY8BFGdEAAX93aJU9&_nc_ht=scontent.fmem1-1.jpg

9VTg2o&tn=RG_3EP52vMqJlWUp&_nc_ht=scontent.fmem1-1.jpg

Slapped them on the Mystic to see what I was working with. Offsets look dead on for a SN95 to me. Rear might take a slight spacer to get more flush, but as it sits right now, it looks like I'd have plenty of fender lip clearance and I've got plenty of room for the quad shocks on this car with those 335 Nittos on the back.

There's info engraved on the back of each wheel, you could always contact Steve and get all the specs.
I bet they are 18x9/11.

This was what mine looked like. Does the rear lip look similar on yours?

You can vaguely see the engraved # on the hub in this pic. It's between 2 of the holes in the top left of the hub in the pic.

Mine don't have any engravings on the rear, maybe we will find something when we pull the tires off?

badass98svt

Reaction score
Maybe? The hub was where Steve told me to look.

They look great though, can't even tell they have the cf treatment

OP
OP
D

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
70683657803__37C4F4E7-89DF-483D-ACE8-68B4C91AAC33.jpeg
Still need tires, but came out and slapped the Microsquirt in the car and shipped out the base tune to be played with and tossed the wheels on to give me some motivation. Stance is almost perfect with this tire size. It actually seems to tuck those 335 on the driver side in the rear, but will need to roll the passenger side for some more clearance. Front will need a good bit of massaging but that can come after the coilovers. Took some years but some progress is something.

OP
OP
D

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_3902.jpeg

Cars been on jackstands since right that picture I posted a couple days ago. Installed the wideband and got the car swapped over the Microsquirt. We ran into a bunch of small issues that were causing us major grief- firmware needed updated on the ECU, vacuum leaks, broken coolant temp sensor- but got all of that ironed out yesterday and Steven was able to make some headway on getting it tuned.

Still got some work to do but I was able to bring it around the block to finish cleaning out the inside of the car this morning. I still need to slap my coilovers on the front but boy, I’m in love with the stance. Probably a little too aggressive for normal driving but she looks awesome.

OP
OP
D

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
2 steps forward, 14 steps back.

Slowly chugging away at trying to get it happy on Microsquirt. Having some real goofy timing issues - spout out, reads solid 10*, throw the spout back in, fix timing to 10* on MS, and it'd bounce between 20-30*.

Decided to try manually adjusting the distributor to get it down to that 10* to match the ECU and see if it would continue to follow, but the distributor was frozen into the block. And of course, I broke it trying to break it free.

Here's to hoping a new dizzy will solve some problems.

OP
OP
D

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
New distributor and new Motorcraft coil went on today and after receiving the proper base tune from EFISource and shooting that over to Steven to play with, the car actually is trying to idle and act properly.

We've still got some adjusting to do, but I was able to take it for a spin today on Microsquirt for the first time and that's pretty exciting to me. Car still has it's weird RPM limit - I still am leaning toward valve float - around the 5000rpm mark but car runs solid all the way up to that point. It was nice to row through the gears again.

Quickly reminded how soft those cut front springs are- I know my H-Pipe made some contact with the ground, but that'll all be fixed in due time. Hot Rod Power Tour is in a couple weeks and when I get back, the Mystic is going out to get detailed and posted on Marketplace to hopefully fund some new heads and tear down begins on the 94.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Right on , glad to hear you’re getting it figured out and starting to get the tuning done . I was chasing valve float with my car as well above 5k

OP
OP
D

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_4480.jpeg

AFR CHYna bois acquired. Hoping to yank the motor in the next couple of weekends and get the new clutch and flywheel in along with these heads and some cleanup.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Nice score on the heads . The cobra intakes really hold these things back too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online