1994 GT Build thread! (Better love story than Twilight)

OP
OP
Big_T

Big_T

Reaction score
just wasn't sure if aftermarket covers would be slightly taller than stock, because its so close to fitting, it hits the set screw in the middle of the rocker. If i go with tall colors then i will need to get a spacer for the upper intake right?

BrettNorton

Reaction score
Amazing build my good sir. Taking a neglected POS Mustang and building into something amazing. If you want to see a REAL POS Mustang, check out my build thread as well. 1994 Mustang Budget 302 Build. I haven't made nearly as much progress as you have, but I think you'll get a kick out of it.

If I may interject here, I would recommend that you install some battle boxes and aftermarket rear control arms. They should help to beef up the rear suspension and torque boxes before you do some pretty hard driving with this car.

OP
OP
Big_T

Big_T

Reaction score
Thanks for the opinion. Im more worried about getting it running and drivable and then i will upgrade things like control arms and k members and brakes. Just been working on it for about 7 months now and i miss the sound of it!

BrettNorton

Reaction score
Im more worried about getting it running and drivable and then i will upgrade things like control arms and k members and brakes. Just been working on it for about 7 months now and i miss the sound of it!

Ah. Fair enough my good sir.

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
Nice build man really coming together!, and for your valve cover problem use a set of fox body valve covers. When I put my hci together my trick flow stud mounts would hit right on the stud tip, and with fox valve covers you wont need a spacer on the intake, and clear the alternator.

OP
OP
Big_T

Big_T

Reaction score
Nice build man really coming together!, and for your valve cover problem use a set of fox body valve covers. When I put my hci together my trick flow stud mounts would hit right on the stud tip, and with fox valve covers you wont need a spacer on the intake, and clear the alternator.

Awesome! Thanks for the tip! i didn't know there was a difference between the fox and sn95 valve covers. They all look the same to me!

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
[MENTION=16925]Big_T[/MENTION] if you use those you'll probably need 3/8 spacer and its gonna be hard to put a breather on the driver side one. stock fox valve covers with do the job and you can paint them to match, I hate chrome.

nitroram33

Reaction score
On a completely unrelated not, the parentheses in the thread title break the links in new post notification emails lol... ;)

OP
OP
Big_T

Big_T

Reaction score
i might just say **** it and get the tall valve covers and a spacer for the intake. i have a 3" cowled hood anyway so why not!

And that is too funny, i never even thought that my quotes in the title would mess up the code hahaha

OP
OP
Big_T

Big_T

Reaction score
Well guys here she is! I got the valve covers on with some modification and the fuel injections wire harness on. Also have an adapter in there to bypass the heater assembly tube. I threw the upper intake on there for the picture. It really is coming along! just need a few more things and she should be running soon!!!!! Thanks again for all the subscriptions and follows on this post.
SLOW95GTS the stock fox body valve covers fit over the rockers with some slight modification. I had to grind down some stuff inside the covers to get them to fit. but they're on now. Thanks for the suggestion!

2rgcbrr.jpg

ka1dap.jpg

Firefighter181

Reaction score
That intake is pretty sharp looking, it really stands out. I like the way the inner fenders were refinished. I was debating on going that route however I would like to be finished with the car and drive it a bit.

OP
OP
Big_T

Big_T

Reaction score
[MENTION=18509]Firefighter181[/MENTION] Yeah i was debating on how i wanted to clean up the bay since i was deleting a lot of things off my motor and this was actually a very simple and easy route and im super happy with the way it came out. If you look back to my earlier pictures i just got some cardboard and fit it how i wanted then just tig welded the piece of sheet metal right in. hardest part was getting that piece of cardboard the way i wanted it.

Firefighter181

Reaction score
I was looking at that and actually in the garage this morning cutting cardboard out. I have the motor back in however still does not look as bad as I envisioned even with the motor in.

Keith5.0

Reaction score
Damn I wish I had been following this... I think fox vc with F2A stamped inside would've fit with no modifications... and that intake is nice! maybe polish the letters on the top for some pop and bling!!

OP
OP
Big_T

Big_T

Reaction score
Yeah i wish i kept the cardboard cutout so i could have posted like a cutout template for everyone to make it easier but i'm a dumb ass! sorry!
[MENTION=19450]Keith5.0[/MENTION] the only modification i had to do was there was this weird square thing on the inside of the covers. it held the plate there that blocked over the oil filler cap. i just had to take the plate down and grind that down. This is a picture of what it looked like before.
100_0575.JPG

OP
OP
Big_T

Big_T

Reaction score
My rockers are Comp cams 1.6 stud mount rockers. They hit at the top of the set screws. But like i said grinded them down a little bit and everything fits now. But thanks, I just got my 70mm TB in yesterday so I have a couple more things and i should be able to get this motor started pretty soon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online