1994 to 1999 spindle swap?

caldeio

Reaction score
Why should't/should I do this instead of modify my 1994 spindles to accept the PBR brakes?

Rusted front brake line=new stuff!

wmfateam

Reaction score
The 96+ spindles will move the wheel out 1/2 if memory serves me correct compared to the 94/95 spindles.

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Keep in mind that the steering arm on the 96-04 spindle is 1.02" lower than on the 94-95 spindle due to the different steering rack location. This can cause significant bumpsteer problems if not handled properly.

OP
OP
C

caldeio

Reaction score
Keep in mind that the steering arm on the 96-04 spindle is 1.02" lower than on the 94-95 spindle due to the different steering rack location. This can cause significant bumpsteer problems if not handled properly.

So could I fix this with a 96-04 steering rack, thats bolted to the k-member right?

I'm leaning towards modding my spindles. It'll take only a few minutes, and it looked super easy.
My connecting brake line is leaking (the one right before the rubber line to the calipler) so I'm gonna swap that too if I can.

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
So could I fix this with a 96-04 steering rack, thats bolted to the k-member right?

I'm leaning towards modding my spindles. It'll take only a few minutes, and it looked super easy.
My connecting brake line is leaking (the one right before the rubber line to the calipler) so I'm gonna swap that too if I can.

Nope, the steering rack is in a different location because the K member is different because the motor is different.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online