1995 331 stroker, 24# inj, 75mm tb, 76mm c&l with blue sample tube

appaloosa71

Reaction score
engine ran ok with 19# injectors. i put the bigger injectors in and since then its lean on the a/f meter and vacuum gauge shows around 8-10. engine does have a cam, not sure size though.
MAF housing is c&l with blue tube. not sure if this is the issue with the bigger injectors. need some help bad.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
You definitely need a tune, even if you keep the 19# injectors in place. Probably wouldn’t hurt to pull the timing cover and get the part number off the cam. That way you can give your tuner a better idea of what he’s working with.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Definitely need more info and then get it tuned. You’ll see a difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

appaloosa71

Reaction score
331 10:1 cr, performer rpm heads, TFS intake, ran ok with 19# injectors. idle was a little choppy. was not lean. now with 24# injectors its lean. everyone says tune it. not that easy. no one tunes stock ECUs. i would think with the 24# inj it wouldnt be lean. i smoked the engine and no leaks either.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you have WAY too much going on there for the stock ecu to be happy. Normally once you get into the cam its needed and you are well past that point. Its hard to tell what it should be doing, its all just a guess at this point. You don't need to explain to us the fun of tuning the 94/95. It normally took me a few calls but I was able to find one in my shitty little town. The other option is to buy an email tune but that is definitely not as good as a dyno tune. If you go this way stay away from bama...

Addermk2

Reaction score
everyone says tune it. not that easy. no one tunes stock ECUs.

It's literally that easy. I tuned stock ECUs for YEARS and was damn good at it
You're not running lean if the car is 8:1-10:1, you're running absurdly rich.
Take that C&L and pitch it into the closest dumpster. If you insist on doing this the hard way, you're in for a long up hill struggle.
Your best option to keep the stock ECU is a LMAF, Moates QH, and some keyboard time.

Nowadays, Considering the cost to tune the EEC-IV, just ditch the MAF all together and toss a Microsquirt or similar standalone into the car.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The Adder has spoken!!

Truth be the word!!!!

Listen to him and if your nice he might sell you a chip that you can put in the ecu and then be able to get it tuned. Don’t listen and well................ good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

95GTS5L

Reaction score
I feel your Research Pain OP. But things need to be correct part wise on any set-up before seeking better tuning options. Maybe some more Basic Questions will help you figure it out. Not knowing the Cam specs is not Great but you said it Ran then you just replaced the Injectors, Ok so reason for being Lean now is related to fuel, so I can assume when you went from 19 to 24 Injectors you changed to a bigger fuel Pump and or upped the pressure at the Fuel rail using aftermarket parts. And most importantly this C&L you speak of is a new unit that is calibrated to # 24's. A number 24 calibrated MAFF IMO is required and from there it should feel itself out then if it runs like it did before its a re-start then you can address the fuel supply and pressure amount IE. 55 as required. And maybe Tuning or just swap cam to a more 95 Friendly?

Hope you decide to stick around on the Forum.

What drew me into this Post is the Stroker Part of your Title as I want to Build one, and the Fact I finally got mine to run decent on 19 Injectors. Danny

OP
OP
A

appaloosa71

Reaction score
a/f meter shows 18 then wigs out too lean. Vacuum gauge is what is reading 8-19. The C&l 76mm MAF housing had a blue sample tube in it. i put a black one in with the 24# injectors. Ran lean. swapped the blue tube back in because physically, the inside diam is larger, still lean. already had a walbro 255 pump, stock fuel regulator(19# to 24# isnt much of a jump)
saturday i put the 19# injectors back in. Runs fine.
future ill save an put the Megasquirt with 30# inj

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online