1995 GT bumper underwhelming

Slice

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have a really nice 1995 GT convertible with stick and leather roll bar. It has straight pipes and has been lowered so The Stance is great. However I find the GT front bumper cover is kind of lame looking and was trying to find a cheap hack that could make it look better. Main problem is the tiny fog lights I think. I am in Canada so to buy a new Cobra or other type of bumper will cost me almost $900 with exchange rate and duty. I'm on a budget. Has anybody cut into the fog light area and done something that looks cool or am I stuck having to spend $900? I bought the whole car for $6,000 so it's a little pricey just for a front end treatment. I don't want anything too low because the front end is already lowered and I don't want to break a dam off. Any suggestions, possibly with photos?

Attachments

• 20220715_220157.jpg
    20220715_220157.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 20220321_143731.jpg
    20220321_143731.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 16

Maximum95

Reaction score
Hello there! I have an inexpensive suggestion. The Mach 1 chin spoiler is a popular add on. Here's a photo of one on my GT bumper back in the day. They are readily available and quite easy to install. I love the look.

52574074981_235fbf1d97_k.jpg

Reactions: GTR

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
That depends on the lowering kit you have
If stock highth 5 to 7 inches give or take an inch

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it really only lowers the bumper an inch or so. The drop isn't much it is just such a drastic change in shape that it look lower

OP
OP
Slice

Slice

Reaction score
View attachment 24047

I my self like the cobra bumpers covers over the gt
That looks good. I assume it's the standard OEM Cobra bumper? For s95 of course. My front end is lowered about 2 inches so I don't want to put a shovel air dam for an even lower ground effect because I know I'll break it off over speed bumps and I don't want to stress every time I go for a drive. Still, I assume by the time I buy it and get it shipped to Canada and pay exchange rate and get it painted I'm going to be looking at $1,000 Canadian. I guess nobody has fabricated anything with the stock gt bumper cover that looks good.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
here is a better side view just to show that it really doesn't lower it much if any, it just elongates it. For me the fear of scraping is the side exhaust, not the chin but that is easier to manage with air ride. You can still see the stock air deflector hanging down from the cocr support

skF0IhP.jpg

OP
OP
Slice

Slice

Reaction score
It does look good and would cost me less than half of replacing the entire bumper cover. I had to double check the website that sells it, for a moment I thought it was your car on their website because it's the same color. Your car looks great by the way.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
That looks good. I assume it's the standard OEM Cobra bumper? For s95 of course. My front end is lowered about 2 inches so I don't want to put a shovel air dam for an even lower ground effect because I know I'll break it off over speed bumps and I don't want to stress every time I go for a drive. Still, I assume by the time I buy it and get it shipped to Canada and pay exchange rate and get it painted I'm going to be looking at $1,000 Canadian. I guess nobody has fabricated anything with the stock gt bumper cover that looks good.
As long as your speed bumps are the same over here
Should be good
Mountain for a speed bump would suck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online