1995 Mustang GT Power Window Problems

95gt_stang

Reaction score
Ok, so i just replaced my drivers side power window because when i tried making it go down it would just inch down, but it will roll up perfect. So im still having the same problem. I also know its not the switch because i swapped it with the passenger window one and it still does it. I even took one out of my friends 97, same thing. Does anyone have any ideas what could be the problem. :BangHead:

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the wiring system used for the doorlocks us called a 5-wire system. The advantage of this system is that there are no relays to fail, but the bad pard is that the system can be a little touchy. It sounds like you have a loose connections somewhere in the system that is causing it to stop working. See if there are any wires that do not feel tight on the switch and try pulling/wiggling the wires while operating the switch to see if you can isolate the bad wire(s).

OP
OP

95gt_stang

Reaction score
do you mean the board where all the wires go to, and where the two window switches are on the drivers side?

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
Can you hear a noise when you pus the button , like a click?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
there are no relays to click.

On the back of the switch you will see 5-6 points to test. Some will have constant power, some will have power when you push the button.

OP
OP

95gt_stang

Reaction score
i do hear a click though when i push the button, and the click is only on the drivers side.

Musttanguy

Reaction score
Sounds as though the One Touch Down relay in the door panel is causing the problem.
The relay is attached to a bracket on the back side of door panel, its a black box about 2"x4"
I have these available if needed

OP
OP

95gt_stang

Reaction score
that one touch relay is the problem. i popped the cover off and one of the prongs on the black relay inside, the solder had broken. so i soldered it back and it works perfect. how much would you want for one musttanguy?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Canaryonvskf’s

Members online