power window quit

GTamas

Reaction score
I had to give the motor sone "technical taps" where I marked it with the red arrow, now it works well.
Do you think it is time to replace the motor?
20230831_223608.jpg

GTamas

Reaction score
there are some bushings that wear out and lock it up. They are supposed to be replaceable.
Noob question, but are these bushings inside the motor housing, or in the mechanical assembly / regulator?
Tapping the motor housing solved the issue
.... For now. But I know it will screw up at the worst possible time.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
ya know I never did them, I just remember seeing a article/post about it long ago. IIRC it was on the motor and made from plastic on purpose so that it could break in case a kids arm is stuck in the window while it goes up. They just wear out after time and the pieces fall apart and lock it all up. The post is so old the pics are bad now.

07GtS197

Reaction score
They’re in the motor itself behind a cover. If you’re looking at the metal gear that goes into the regulator, there should be three screws that you remove to access the bushings.

OP
OP
O

optionizerSS

Reaction score
Well tonight the passenger front window started acting up. Sounds like maybe a stripped gear. You can hear it run and it 'jerks'. We got it up by pulling it up manually while hitting the button so gonna order another regulator...ugh

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would take the door panel off and check to make sure that it isn't something with the sliders that have slipped and causing friction prior to throwing parts at it. The door panel is only a couple of screws and then you yank it up and off to check.

OP
OP
O

optionizerSS

Reaction score
I would take the door panel off and check to make sure that it isn't something with the sliders that have slipped and causing friction prior to throwing parts at it. The door panel is only a couple of screws and then you yank it up and off to check.
yeah. going on a 150 mile cruise with the club Sunday (29 cars going). Supposed to be a high of 55*. Window is up and top will probably be up too. Might just order it so it's here. But I guess windows and top will be up anyway so...ugh

OP
OP
O

optionizerSS

Reaction score
Ordered a regulator from LMR. Supposed to be here Friday. Want to have it fixed for Sunday and wouldn't be able to look at it till at least Wednesday night so if I did need to order one I wouldn't have it in time. But I'm sure if I don't need it someone in our club would eventually...lol. It was only $52 shipped so not bad.
Step-son has a '99 and I'm looking at buying another '99-'04 by next spring so having an extra one laying around wouldn't be bad either.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online