2000 GT Salvage Build

OP
OP
KJ-00-GT

KJ-00-GT

Reaction score
KJ-00-GT,
why is the RED THEFT light on? If that is your OBD code light, did you turn it off with an OBDII scan tool? Just curious because I am getting ready to buy an OBDII scan tool.
Not sure, the door was open so it came on, not on after it's started. I just got a cheap eBay OBDII bluetooth tool then you use a app on your phone but haven't tried it yet

OP
OP
KJ-00-GT

KJ-00-GT

Reaction score
Been out of commission for almost two weeks, so just getting back to working on the car. Nothing big just a new shift knob I ordered. More stuff will be posted coming up.

IMG_E3919.JPG

OP
OP
KJ-00-GT

KJ-00-GT

Reaction score
Thanks guys, really appreciate it.

So I had this idea after seeing some yellow tinted driving/fog lights for sale on Amazon, that they would look good on a black car. Went for the low cost option and bought some headlight yellow tint wrap and wrapped the lights. Not perfect, hard to do around the edges but they will be down low in the bumper and will only see the fronts. I haven't mounted them back yet or tried them yet.

IMG_3920.JPGIMG_3922.JPG

OP
OP
KJ-00-GT

KJ-00-GT

Reaction score
So I'm really not a fan of the wing/ spoiler on the trunk of the 99-00 Mustangs. I was thinking of replacing it with the newer wing like on the wifes 2002. Came across a video of a guy that moved that style wing back, hmm wonder what my styled one would look like moved back. Little searching found examples of that and I thought it looked a lot better, less just plopped down on the trunk lid and more flow of the body lines hanging off the back.

So did some measuring and drilling, remounted the wing/ spoiler back about 2 3/4 inches. I think I can live with it now. Interesting thing is I found out the wing was originally a red one and repainted poorly black.

IMG_3923.JPG

IMG_3926.JPG

IMG_3925.JPG

badass98svt

Reaction score
So I'm really not a fan of the wing/ spoiler on the trunk of the 99-00 Mustangs. I was thinking of replacing it with the newer wing like on the wifes 2002. Came across a video of a guy that moved that style wing back, hmm wonder what my styled one would look like moved back. Little searching found examples of that and I thought it looked a lot better, less just plopped down on the trunk lid and more flow of the body lines hanging off the back.

So did some measuring and drilling, remounted the wing/ spoiler back about 2 3/4 inches. I think I can live with it now. Interesting thing is I found out the wing was originally a red one and repainted poorly black.

View attachment 15842

View attachment 15843

View attachment 15844

I remember people doing that back in the day. It was one of those mods from MustangWorld.
I agree, it looks a lot better! Well done.

OP
OP
KJ-00-GT

KJ-00-GT

Reaction score
Nice looking car Snorky. Should have been mounted this way from the factory.

Snorky

Reaction score
Nice looking car Snorky. Should have been mounted this way from the factory.
Thanks man. Been a long rough 10 years with this thing. I love your restoration project, blank slate!! What is next on the to do list?

joemomma

Reaction score
Yeah I remember that mod from back in the day. Looks immensely better!

OP
OP
KJ-00-GT

KJ-00-GT

Reaction score
Thanks man. Been a long rough 10 years with this thing. I love your restoration project, blank slate!! What is next on the to do list?
The blank slate thing is true but a struggle for me in that I love originality. This car other then some previous accident repair is all stock and they are only original once. But with the current crash and salvage title this free's up my mind some to modify this anyway I want.

I have lots of things I'm working on and will post them as I go, unfortunately some of the stuff I need to do outside and will be awhile before it's warm enough to do that. I really need to keep myself in check and not get too many things going at the same time and need to finish up one thing before starting another.

OP
OP
KJ-00-GT

KJ-00-GT

Reaction score
Like I said before I've been buying some stuff over the last few months. One of the items is new "Sports/Race" seats, always wanted to put some in a car.

Well looks like I need a good cleaning there.
IMG_3938.JPG

So I have the idea I want to retain the electric seat base with the new seat.
IMG_3940.JPG

Of course the bolt holes don't line up so had to make some adaptor brackets. I may end up redoing these as one piece steel front to back to make it more solid
IMG_3943.JPG

I hooked the control panel back up and placed the seat back in to see how it positioned and worked with the base. Seems I may have to remount the seat further forward on the base plus paint it. It's a work in progress but I really like the seats.
IMG_3946.JPG

badass98svt

Reaction score
Like I said before I've been buying some stuff over the last few months. One of the items is new "Sports/Race" seats, always wanted to put some in a car.

Well looks like I need a good cleaning there.
View attachment 15869

So I have the idea I want to retain the electric seat base with the new seat.
View attachment 15870

Of course the bolt holes don't line up so had to make some adaptor brackets. I may end up redoing these as one piece steel front to back to make it more solid
View attachment 15871

I hooked the control panel back up and placed the seat back in to see how it positioned and worked with the base. Seems I may have to remount the seat further forward on the base plus paint it. It's a work in progress but I really like the seats.
View attachment 15872

I considered doing this with my Recaros but the seats would have sat up higher than normal. Do your seats sit higher than the original seats.

OP
OP
KJ-00-GT

KJ-00-GT

Reaction score
They may be a little higher, but hard to say because the front of the seat seems to be tilted up more then the original. I'm not tall so this may work in my favor. I'm going to try them this way and if not comfortable I'll ditch the base and just go with normal mounting.

Last edited:
OP
OP
KJ-00-GT

KJ-00-GT

Reaction score
Sunday was finally a nice day here, close to 60. So was able to have the shop door open for a little while, took the opportunity to pull the car out and take the passenger seat out. Decided to go for a little drive around the neighborhood so I could try out the new drivers seat, and shifter for the first time. I like the seat, may have to adjust the mounting a little we'll see. The shifter felt great, very positive shifts.

Today I made the adaptor brackets for the passenger seat to use the original manual base and re-mounted it back in the car. It is really low for me, felt like a little kid in the car I could not see over the hood. My wife is taller so I'll have to see how she does in it. I'm sure I'm going to have to put spacers on the mounts.
IMG_3953.JPG

Last edited:

OpalFrostGT

Reaction score
Sunday was finally a nice day here, close to 60. So was able to have the shop door open for a little while, took the opportunity to pull the car out and take the passenger seat out. Decided to go for a little drive around the neighborhood so I could try out the new drivers seat, and shifter for the first time. I like the seat, may have to adjust the mounting a little we'll see. The shifter felt great, very positive shifts.

Today I made the adaptor brackets for the passenger seat to use the original manual base and re-mounted it back in the car. It is really low for me, felt like a little kid in the car I could not see over the hood. My wife is taller so I'll have to see how she does in it. I'm sure I'm going to have to put spacers on the mounts.
View attachment 16509
photos of seats and shifter would be nice!

OpalFrostGT

Reaction score

View attachment 16509
photos of seats and shifter would be nice!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online