2004 Cobra Cylinder #4 knock - second video, valvetrain exposed!

JeremyAlan

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll have to check youtube when i get back. Did you build the motor or just drop in a short/long block?

BigBore96

Reaction score
When are you tearing into it? It shouldn't be nothing too expensive to fix. As long as you can do the work.

OP
OP
MustangChris

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i can do the work. ive just been sick for a week... .. . :-/ lol. i hope to dig into this week.... we have upper 70 degree days coming again.

OP
OP
MustangChris

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
already sold it.... :-/

ug. lol.

so. i took a video. ill post it up tonight off my phone. :) im thinking its a bottom end problem, but my uncle still thinks that I should look into top-end problems by inspecting the followers without pressure from the cams on them. seems like a good idea, so ill be doing that soon.

mikey94gt

Reaction score
I wish I could take it apart and see what's what. It's hard to tell in the vid.

ram360

Reaction score
Chris, I'm just going to speak from experience and tell you what I learned from when my whipped 03 cobra went down. I had no compression in my #4 cylinder. No unusual noises, but obviously missing a lot of power.It's possibly head tick but I haven't heard one that loud. It's a good possibility it's in the heads. I know it was over 2g's in parts and labor to get the heads on my car where they needed to be. Mine was worn valve guides but since it was apart and making over 600rw made since to just go thru everything which lead to doing the bottom end...Moral of the story it would have been far cheaper to order a long block from MMR and just sell the good parts from what was in the car to recoupe some of the costs. Good luck man, everything with those freakin' cars cost $$$. That's the reason I don't miss having mine anymore. Keep us posted.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
deep breath, cold drink and good luck with it Chris.

OP
OP
MustangChris

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
eh. ill probably just sell the thing on ebay.... "Free to a good home" im not even motivated enough to mail my TB in to acuufab for servicing. . .. .

FrankenStang

Reaction score
damn man that sucks....i hope you can get another stang or atleast part out the beast you have for a lessor one....i hope for you that you do do some digging and find that its not something too bad and you get her up and going in a month tops...my fingers are crossed for you...

OP
OP
MustangChris

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
im praying for a 20 minute fix. LOL. "oh, was that all?"

but we all know thats not happening. lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Staff online

Members online