2015 Mustang announced... Thoughts?

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I just want the Ecoboost to have a biplane wing.

1984_Ford_mustang_svo.jpg

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I want the 4cly to make an evo/ subie eater.

[MENTION=16788]Darhawk[/MENTION] I didnt notice it til you pointed it out, but it does look like an sn95 wtf

SMOKEDYA

Reaction score
Afford seeing real pictures this morning its really growing on me!
Agreed! I seen a video on fagbook of a silver one. HUmmm might be reoplaceing the 94 when its done. When will they be available? Could be the perfect timing.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed! I seen a video on fagbook of a silver one. HUmmm might be reoplaceing the 94 when its done. When will they be available? Could be the perfect timing.
They were suppose to be April 2014. I heard its pushed back til late 2014.

I won't be replacing my sn95. Might be a nice retirement car... In 40 years....

CWO

Reaction score

icon1.gif

Coyote 5.0

Utilizing lessons learned in the development of the recent BOSS 302 platform, Ford engineers have improved the Coyote 5.0. They’ve not released the official power numbers yet, except to say expect overt 420 hp and over 390 ft-lbs of torque.

The top end of the Coyote is all new starting with a brand new cylinder head casting that features revised ports for straighter paths to the valves, and less flow restriction. The heads also feature larger intake, and exhaust valves, and revised intake and exhaust camshafts will also contribute to the Coyote making more power, and breathing better all the way to redline. Stiffer valve springs will help the Coyote howl at higher RPMs as well.

The variable cam system has been updated as well. New mid-lock phasers enable better control of the camshaft timing through a greater range of engine RPM. This should improve fuel economy, emissions, and hopefully power as well.

A new, intake manifold is also in use for better low end response and improved emissions compliance. The intake includes charge motion control valves that close off at lower RPMs and improve intake turbulence.

2015 Coyote Key Features:

Larger intake valves
Larger exhaust valves
Revised intake camshafts
Revised exhaust camshafts
Stiffer valve springs – ensures that the valves close completely at high rpm
New cylinder-head casting – revised ports that provide a straighter path to the valves for less-restrictive intake and exhaust flow; combustion chamber modifications accommodate larger valves
Sinter forged connecting rods – lighter and more durable for high-rpm operation
Redesigned piston tops – deeper cutouts clear the new larger valves
Rebalanced forged crankshaft – supports higher-rpm operation

2.3 EcoBoost

A variant of the engine that debuted in the upcoming Lincoln MKC. This engine is an evolution of the 2.0 EcoBoost found in the Focus ST and other vehicles. We expect great things from this little engine as it allows for a lighter car, and hopefully some great performance numbers. “This EcoBoost engine delivers where a Mustang driver expects it to, with a broad, flat torque curve that pours out when you stand on it for easy passing or hustling down a twisty road,” said Pericak.

Ford has said to expect at least 305 hp and 300 ft-lbs of torque from the little four-cylinder engine.

Other features of the 2.3 include:

Forged-steel crankshaft
Piston-cooling jets
Steel piston ring carriers
Premium bearing materials
Upgraded valve seat materials
Forged-steel connecting rods
High-pressure die-cast aluminum cylinder block with ladder-frame bearing caps
Deep-sump, die-cast aluminum oil pan

3.7 V6

The 3.7 will still be available, Ford hasn’t released many details yet except to say expect at least 300 hp and 270 ft-lbs of torque from the fleet favorite engine.

Transmissions

Ford is promising the best driving experience yet in manual transmission equipped Mustangs. The Getrag MT-82 six-speed manual is being carried over from the 2011-2014 models. Ford has revised the shift linkage for shorter throws and a crisper feel. They’ve also moved the shifter closer to the drive for easier access, locating it away from the cupholders.

In the automatic department a six-speed auto is once again available. The auto has been significantly revised. A new case with reinforcing ribs for added strength and reduced weight is part of the package. The clutches have been revised, and the transmission operates at higher temperatures for improved friction characteristics. The output shaft has a new ball bearing support, allowing for 155 mph top speed according to Ford.

What enthusiasts who choose the automatic will really like though is the steering wheel mounted paddle shfiters that will be standard on all automatic equipped Mustangs. We talked about this a while back in a spy photo story that we ran. In addition to being a bonus for auto owners, those looking to tackle twisty back roads, or even the autocross with the auto equipped Mustang will benefit from the rev-matching downshift feature.
user_online.gif

SMOKEDYA

Reaction score
They were suppose to be April 2014. I heard its pushed back til late 2014.

I won't be replacing my sn95. Might be a nice retirement car... In 40 years....
Yeah im with ya,i probably wont. I kick myself everyday to this day that I got rid of my last 95

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Likely. We've gotten the majority of the same fords american get. Except for the weirdo modern Mercurys...

I expect they'll do decent world wide.
Anyone know if they'll be right hand versions?
If there is I'd defintely be interested in importing one in 15 years!

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Likely. We've gotten the majority of the same fords american get. Except for the weirdo modern Mercurys...

I expect they'll do decent world wide.
Anyone know if they'll be right hand versions?
If there is I'd defintely be interested in importing one in 15 years!

Pretty sure I've read that they are going to be producing RHD cars for overseas but not 100%/

Mack

Reaction score
Pretty sure I've read that they are going to be producing RHD cars for overseas but not 100%/

Mind you that the majority of "overseas" drives on the same side of the road as you do. Exceptions with Mustang-buyers might be UK, Australia and Japan. But everybody else in Europe needs the same cars you need.

I'm really curious to see whether the Mustang with a 4-cyl will sell here. The V6 is not for sale, and the V8 ridiculously expensive due to eco-taxes. But maybe the 4-cyl will catch on, if priced right. Coupes are not very wanted in Europe at all, hatchbacks are far more popular.

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
It looks good. Just not sold on the backend yet. I m sure it will grow on me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online