2020 s650 mustang

Reaction score
So I checked an email I got from Sinister Mustang and it looks like ford is pushing production from 2022 to 2020 for the new Mustang platform. I don't know ow how much info is readily available but what do you guys think?

from my email article,

"The Ford Mustang is getting a makeover sooner than expected. A July report from Ford indicates the start of production for the next-generation Mustang has been moved from January 2022 to May 2020. The report states that the official codename for the new Mustang is S650. The current Mustang is known as S550, and the one before that was S197.​

Ford doesn't comment on future products in development, so the reason behind the accelerated date is unknown. However, the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro has been well-received by consumers and the automotive press, winning several comparison tests of the two cars and a number of Car of the Year awards. That said, the Mustang is ahead in the sales race this year, 17,573 vs. 11,702"

Royal96

Reaction score
Seems too soon. Every new mustang platform makes me nervous because, honestly, I'm just waiting for Ford to screw it up.

lutter94

Reaction score
I dislike every new platform. The the next one comes, and I'm like ok the last one wasn't that bad, and it grows on me lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Can't see them coming out with a totally new platform. Perhaps a modified platform, but a totally redesigned one would be too costly espcially sine there doesn't seem to be an issues with the current platform. Changing the name from S550 to S650 suggests to me that if the rumor is correct it won't be a major change.

OP
OP
Frank.JD.Perez
Reaction score
Can't see them coming out with a totally new platform. Perhaps a modified platform, but a totally redesigned one would be too costly espcially sine there doesn't seem to be an issues with the current platform. Changing the name from S550 to S650 suggests to me that if the rumor is correct it won't be a major change.

who knows, but i updated the first post with what i read for the ad

Nighttrain

Reaction score
Hopefully its better looking than the one they have out now. I think they screwed up getting away from the retro look but thats me.

wmfateam

Reaction score
Hopefully they take weight out, use GT350 suspension components and shave an inch or two off here and there. The car is just plain huge. The new gen Camaro is better in most ways in my opinion, but you still can't see out of the damn thing.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Let's be realistic. The car was the same platform for 25 years, then the same again for another 9 lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99