$2k to spend

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Here's the deal guys. I have $2k to spend on the Bullitt for the months of June and July, and I'm trying to use the money as efficiently as possible. My car consists of mostly suspension mods right now with the standard bolt-ons, 4.10's, tune, etc. I've been working on the suspension for the last 6-8 months, and have a decent handling car. It's not where I want it yet, but it's getting there. My goal is to be able to run Autocross and some runs at VIR next season. The problem is that as I've been working on suspension, because the car is getting so stable, hooking so well, and turning great, every time I do more suspension mods, the car feels slower. I know it's not, and it's just because the car is getting so stable and controlled that it's much easier to drive.

So I have this chunk of money, and I'm torn on how to spend it. Autocross/Road Racing is my primary goal, but I do need some horsepower. 256rwhp just isn't going to cut it. Now, this isn't the only money I can spend on the car, but it is the largest chunk I'm going to have at one time for another few months.

So here's the options I've come up with:

Option #1: Add a few horsepower/setup for future mods. I know this won't add much in the way of horsepower, but it will set me up for future mods really well.

HiTech or MHS Stage 2 cams
Steeda K member
MAC Longtube Headers
MAC ProChamber
SLP PowerFlow or Loudmouth 2 exhaust (my exhaust options are limited due to having a panhard bar)

Option #2: Finish the suspension completely. This will be the "DONE" stamp on the suspension mods, besides a few small things here and there, nothing major though.

Steeda K Member
MM Torque Arm
MM Torque Arm Springs
MM Adjustable rear swaybar
Addco front swaybar

Which should I do, given my current goals?

dczsvt

Reaction score
I'd get your suspension done man, the performance stuff can wait a little bit.....besides you could have 500hp but it wouldn't mean anything if you couldn't control it, ya know what I mean?

OP
OP
B

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
That's kind of the direction I'm leaning in as well. Once the suspension is done, I'll be able to concentrate on adding some horsepower without worrying at all about what it's riding on.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Do you have a tuner/chip already because I don't see it on the list with the cams.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
for 2k I would buy a used K member, with your big boy sway bars, then take the balance from that and get either some lt's (used if you can find) or get some cams installed with a tune.

I found full front tubular k and a arms with coil overs and mm cc plates ...for 500, and then got some used LT's for 100 bucks... its out there if you look for it...

OP
OP
B

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
Do you have a tuner/chip already because I don't see it on the list with the cams.

I have an X3 already, and two of the best tuners on the East Coast within quick driving distance.

OP
OP
B

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Duff Daddy said:
for 2k I would buy a used K member, with your big boy sway bars, then take the balance from that and get either some lt's (used if you can find) or get some cams installed with a tune.

I found full front tubular k and a arms with coil overs and mm cc plates ...for 500, and then got some used LT's for 100 bucks... its out there if you look for it...

There's only 3 K Members out there that are capable of what I want to do with my car, and very rarely do they come up for sale for a decent price. Any others out of those 3, I wouldn't bet my life on throwing the car around a road course.

I'm not much for buying used parts either.......

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I prefer new myself usually. Since you have the tuner I say go with cams/headers :) Just love some lumpy cams at the red light.
You can finish the suspension over the winter.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Do what you want, my car will be making a good amount of power hitting at 6-7k off the line on launces..... Just inspect the welds, check for mounting points and if it looks good then your game. But its 100% preferance and what your comfortable with. Other then that, the guys on here have given good suggestions, good luck

Hoseitdown

Reaction score
Bullitt5339 said:
DropTopPony said:

I have an X3 already, and two of the best tuners on the East Coast within quick driving distance.

Where you from?

OP
OP
B

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
Bullitt5339 said:
DropTopPony said:

Where you from?

About 2 hours from you.......... Lumberton, NC

OP
OP
B

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Duff Daddy said:
Do what you want, my car will be making a good amount of power hitting at 6-7k off the line on launces..... Just inspect the welds, check for mounting points and if it looks good then your game. But its 100% preferance and what your comfortable with. Other then that, the guys on here have given good suggestions, good luck

There's a huge difference in the type of load put on a car launching at the dragstrip, and completely slamming it into a turn at high speeds. If I was building another drag car, I wouldn't be as picky about the K-Member and other parts for the front end.

danielson631

Reaction score
Duff Daddy said:

JEALOUS! hope i stumble across a deal like that one day.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Bullitt5339 said:
Duff Daddy said:

There's a huge difference in the type of load put on a car launching at the dragstrip, and completely slamming it into a turn at high speeds. If I was building another drag car, I wouldn't be as picky about the K-Member and other parts for the front end.

yea totally agree on that, like I said, do what you are most comfortable with, as it will lead you to drive more natual and you wont be thinking about "is hat k in there gonna hold"

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online