2nd gear stuck!! help!

hottwheels04

Reaction score
k, so i would like to hear a bunch of peoples opinions if they have had this problem, i have heard from , my throw out bearing, to my clutch cable, to my clutch to my tranny being the problem, well i got on it was in 1st slammed 2nd and then wouldn't come out of 2nd gear got it out had to stay in neutral and it wouldn't go back into 2nd, so when I'm driving and I'm in 3rd gear and when i try to down shift into 2nd gear it will sometimes go in other times i have to bang it into 2nd and sometimes it wont go in at all HELP! :help2:

St33da

Reaction score
sounds like the keys in your synchro either broke or popped out

ryclef331

Reaction score
start looking for a new tranny or rebuild. Its shitty news I know but you're starting to wear out that T5. Even lightly modded to stock cars can begin to tear them up.

OP
OP
H

hottwheels04

Reaction score
yeah it sucks, soon as i save up the money to mod it , somethin else happens so i have to spend money just for it to run right, damit!! ill be slow forever lol cant ever do a power mod to the damn cursed car!lol the weird thing is, 1st going into 2nd is not a problem thats fine, but anytime i down shift it either wont go in or i have to jam it in or it grinds in or it just goes in fine, dam pos see what i get for showing off, i get told i drive like a grand ma and why do i have a car like this if i dont spin tire so the 1 time i beat on the damn thing after dumping money into it now i fuck something up i, damn car is deff not reliable i have rebuilt everything on it, and still problems!! damit!! lol sorry guys i had to vent, i mean every month i have to make a post on here cause something else, but it could be worse, thanks for the input guys O0

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
try double cluthing before you down shift to second. that way your rpms will be higher and it will be kinda like shiftin from 1st to 2nd. isnt going to fix your transmission but atleast you can still downshift into 2nd :dunno:

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
sweet glad it worked. deff sounds like synchros then wouldnt you say? i guess rebuild is going to be the only way to correct it

OP
OP
H

hottwheels04

Reaction score
yeah thanks guys! u guys helped me out with all the possibilites i just got bored and had to inspect it and take the shifter out, now im gonna put a nice tremec tranny in! and then hopefully comes the power mods, im gonna have some nice pics of my new wheels on it soon i have crome saleen wheels on it now thanks guys O0 :banana:

OP
OP
H

hottwheels04

Reaction score
mysaleenwheelsbling.jpg

[attachment deleted by admin]

scootin95gts

Reaction score
Dude i just got my car about 6mo ago and i need a new rack and my tranny is doin the same thing and i been told its my synchros,got a b&m pro ripper in it and it doesnt do nothin....but on the bright side cant wait till i get money for a new one which will be in like another year and a half so that sucks...and with my luck my engine will probably blow on me..but gl with the tranny swap and let us know when u get it

scootin95gts

Reaction score
damn that must suck im glad i dont have it as bad as u though...does ur trannys vibrate alot when ur shifting fast?

97blackgt

Reaction score
sounds like a syncro problem to me...why not replace them? it would be cheaper than a new tranny :banana:

OP
OP
H

hottwheels04

Reaction score
any 1 kno where i can buy a tranny from for cheap ? im looking around

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online