2v heads assembly

glittle75

Reaction score
i have my PI swap ready to go as of today, I have PI heads, Comp 274's, PI intake, UD pulleys, Longtubes with matching X, and all the little stuff as well (ARP studs, Stage 8 header bolts, Lokar Dipstick....etc) i have been putting this all together for about 8 months now, and have gotten evrything at great prices.

More to the point, I got my heads with valves installed with Comp beehive springs, and the cams seperate. Now, i have 2002 PI heads (Romeo) and they have the cam "girdles", can anyone point me to a Removal and installation guide for the followers, lash adjusters, and such. because like i said, the cams are out of the heads right now, and all thats in the heads are valves, springs, retainers, etc..

also, i have a Aluminum cross-over intake right now on my car, and the intake i got with the heads has a plastic x-over. can i use it? how? and would it be best for me to just pick up an aluminum one?

last thing, I have the cam card with the 274's, if i use the info on the card, can i install them without degree'ing them? or should i not worry about what the card says and degree them anyways?

sorry for so many questions, but im trying to get all this done in a 3-4 day weekend period, and trying to avoid hiccups along the way.

thanks

OP
OP
glittle75

glittle75

Reaction score
12 views and nothing? i know someone can help me out here.

pleaze!!

BrandoGT

Reaction score
Well first of all I would recommend the intake with the aluminum crossover because these were designed to replace the plastic ones because the plastic ones have been known to crack. there is a class action lawsuit about that.

as for the installing cams I cannot help you out a whole lot. I can point you to this thread http://forums.modulardepot.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48430 which contains alot of helpful information for installing cams, but the other stuff about degreeing I cannot help.

other then that good luck with the swap and keep us updated.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
glittle75 said:
More to the point, I got my heads with valves installed with Comp beehive springs, and the cams seperate. Now, i have 2002 PI heads (Romeo) and they have the cam "girdles", can anyone point me to a Removal and installation guide for the followers, lash adjusters, and such. because like i said, the cams are out of the heads right now, and all thats in the heads are valves, springs, retainers, etc..

last thing, I have the cam card with the 274's, if i use the info on the card, can i install them without degree'ing them? or should i not worry about what the card says and degree them anyways?

Remove the girdle, and then the folowers fall out and the lash adjusters pop out.

To re assemble, I put the lash adjusters in, put the cam in, tighten the girdle down, then pop the followers in with a screwdriver and some patience.

As far as degreeing, all degreeing is is making sure everything happens when it's supposed to. Tolerences are what is tolerable. So something that should be, say 1.00 is allowed to be 1.010, or .990... This throws things off, and you can wind up in a world of shit if you try to just put it together like legos. Degree those cams, and check your PTV clearance.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online