2v quest for power

punched281

Reaction score
I have a 96 mustang that used to be a v6. Ended up putting a little 60 mm on it and had some fun. I did the split port top end and cammed it. Made a world of difference spooling the turbo and made a little power. The car made 300/300 and was fun. I blew up the v6 motor and found a gt car that the guy wanted 1,200 for. It was an npi car but cheap enough to use as a donor. I used everything from that car and sold the body and wheels and came out on top. I worked all the bugs out of the v8 swap and now the motor is out again. And that is where I am going to start posting from. Here are the pics of the car over the time I have owned it. I am now building a motor to handle some boost. Aluminum block, .20 over, forged pistons and rods with arp 2000 hardware, cast crank, a DIY port job on 2v pi heads, eddlebrock victor jr. intake, mhs 6061 elbow, eddlebrock fuel reailes. Main studs and head studs. Repainted the bumper and new wheels Turbo time No cam, just turbo at 6-8lbs Donor car V8 going in Porting my heads Some goodies for new motor build Painted my valve covers Motor out again for new build Trying to knock out smoothing the engine bay before it gets back from the shop. Hopefully more pics this week.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
I love me some turbo! Dude I'm definitely gonna watch this build. I enjoy watching 2v builds man. Planning on swapping the turbo over when your done building the motor?

OP
OP
P

punched281

Reaction score
Everyone said I could shave the bay with a harber freight welder, so guess what... oh yea and this is how I learned how to weld on my own haha

The heads I decided to learn to port with too haha, all I did was gasket match and took minimal material out.

Wasn't happy so I readid it..

Off to my buddies shop where I will install everthing

OP
OP
P

punched281

Reaction score
Scored a tubular kmember and coilovers

more motor progress

Took a break from my car and worked on my girls car with her and this is where it is now..

After three different main bearings the crank is in...rookie of the month again..

OP
OP
P

punched281

Reaction score
I love me some turbo! Dude I'm definitely gonna watch this build. I enjoy watching 2v builds man. Planning on swapping the turbo over when your done building the motor?

Oh yea, once I felt that turbo in MY car I fell in love. Yea, this motor was built for a turbo :) I want to do the on3 with the 76 mil. I really want to make over 500 with it. I scored the tubular kmember which will make it easier to start on the turbo since it required with the on3 kit.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
great ****ing build dude... nicely done!!!

i'm trilled to have another colorado member here. lol.

whats next on the list?

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
2V, eddy, pi heads, some compression, I have seen a few make some power, good luck and interested to see how this turns out....

OP
OP
P

punched281

Reaction score
great ****ing build dude... nicely done!!!

i'm trilled to have another colorado member here. lol.

whats next on the list?

Thanks! I have really been trying to do it right even though I am learning how to do things for the first time. Next is the dyno next saturday, then drive the crap out of it. I am getting it tuned on e85 too.

2V, eddy, pi heads, some compression, I have seen a few make some power, good luck and interested to see how this turns out....

Thanks, I am at least hoping for somewhere in the 600's. If not I will be disappointed.

Damn, nice work! 2v + boost = boat load of fun

thanks! Hopefully I get to enjoy it for a bit and get my interest up on it again.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Whats your fuel setup to support E85 and 600+rwhp? Great build btw

hottwheels04

Reaction score
hmmm quest for 2 valve power? simple replace it with a 4 valve or pushrod motor or ls1 motor with a real motor lol jk sorry had to with the title lol

But All Jokeing aside nice build! turbo 2 valves are nasty when done right!

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
^A Ford pushrod would not be the answer if you were going for power. 4v are too spensive to swap. Pretty much your stuck with 2v if that's what your starting with lol

Sent from my SCH-I605

OP
OP
P

punched281

Reaction score
If I had a 4v in there I would have as much as I spend on this whole motor in just the 4v heads haha. Next motor I do is going to be a pushrod for sure. I just got this stuff for a steal. Brand new forged rods and pistons with rings, bearings and hardware with a turned and balanced cast crank to my door for 750. So that is where the whole 2v idea started. Plus no one expects 2v mods to make power, so I am going to try and make some power haha.

As far as fuel when it is turbod, I am thinking Glenn's Performance system. I figure I am going to spend about that much piecing a setup together on my own so why not get a plug n play setup.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
If I had a 4v in there I would have as much as I spend on this whole motor in just the 4v heads haha. Next motor I do is going to be a pushrod for sure. I just got this stuff for a steal. Brand new forged rods and pistons with rings, bearings and hardware with a turned and balanced cast crank to my door for 750. So that is where the whole 2v idea started. Plus no one expects 2v mods to make power, so I am going to try and make some power haha.

As far as fuel when it is turbod, I am thinking Glenn's Performance system. I figure I am going to spend about that much piecing a setup together on my own so why not get a plug n play setup.

Good stuff. I love my GP setup. With E85 you'll need 80# injectors and two pretty large pumps or his triple pump setup. Keep us updated on it all

RichV

Reaction score
Welcome Ethan! Nice to see your build on here!!

Looks like you've been making progress. Get the bugs worked out of your girl's Fox?

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
what dyno shop are you going to?

and I'm on e-85 right now, too. kind of a pain in the ass if you ask me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
STANGFLOYD

Members online