2v Trick Flow Valve covers

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
To be honest with you I had a cover with a broken baffle and I ran 90 degree fittings and never had big amounts of oil in my catch can. Mostly the small amount of milky moisture. It's all about how much vent you have.
Absolutely. I'm sure some could get rid of baffles and still never really see a lot of blow by. Are you any sort of F/I? In the next few months I'll have some rare Team Breeds up for sale fellas

Wichers123

Reaction score
I was running a v2 strim at 11psi stock 2v block and she let go a hole three months ago, turbo build is almost done this one will be nasty.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I was running a v2 strim at 11psi stock 2v block and she let go a hole three months ago, turbo build is almost done this one will be nasty.

What trans? And whats specs on your new motor build w/ turbo?

Wichers123

Reaction score
T45. The new is 03 cobra bottom, pi heads, comp cam xe278ah, btr springs and retainers, edelbrock mani, 90mm plenum and throttle body Bourg Warner s366

mineralgreygt

Reaction score
Sounds to me you don't have enough vent in your covers.
I've got 2 9/16 ID hoses going to a custom catch can which has a decent sized filter at the top. Looking at my engine I noticed all the grommets including the pcv valve their is mist even at the filter on my catch can. Next step maybe to just have two hoses going straight down to the ground.

mineralgreygt

Reaction score
Got a minute to play around with the covers and vented fitting, it definitely should work awesome. So anybody who has these covers and wants to run AN fittings without welding/repainting brand new valve covers, look into the link I posted above for the bolt in threaded fitting which fits once the baffles are removed perfectly. The baffles than fit back overtop with no issues:

That looks pretty legit

Wichers123

Reaction score
I've got 2 9/16 ID hoses going to a custom catch can which has a decent sized filter at the top. Looking at my engine I noticed all the grommets including the pcv valve their is mist even at the filter on my catch can. Next step maybe to just have two hoses going straight down to the ground.
9/16" is waaay to small for natural vent catch can, if you were still on vacuum it would fly. Try 1/2 "or 3/4 "hoses. -10 is the least you want to go and that's just shy of 1/2"

mineralgreygt

Reaction score
9/16" is waaay to small for natural vent catch can, if you were still on vacuum it would fly. Try 1/2 "or 3/4 "hoses. -10 is the least you want to go and that's just shy of 1/2"

9/16 is larger than 1/2, I can try 3/4 but I have a feeling its not going to make much of a difference. The grommets aren't a press fit that can be squished and manipulated very easily. Even trying to put the oil cap back on I have pushed the grommet into the valve cover. Air is going to take the least path of resistance.

Wichers123

Reaction score
Idk what I was thinking with the sizes I was at work today going 9/16 bigger than 1/2 goof. Lol maybe it's time for new grommets. Because my grommets are super tight and even the fill cap is tight to get in.

mineralgreygt

Reaction score
Idk what I was thinking with the sizes I was at work today going 9/16 bigger than 1/2 goof. Lol maybe it's time for new grommets. Because my grommets are super tight and even the fill cap is tight to get in.

Shouldn't be the covers are about a year old with roughly 3-5K miles on them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online