3-4 Shift

cafeevil

Reaction score
I'm wanting to know if it is normal for my transmission to completely skip 3rd gear and go into fourth gear? As soon as the car shifts into 3rd gear, it instantly skips the gear and shifts. 1996 GT, automatic, overdrive button shutoff activated.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Do you have od on or off? I don't think going instantly to 4th is normal, I mean is it like once the car goes into 3rd or quickly after?

OP
OP
C

cafeevil

Reaction score
I push the button everytime I drive in the city, yes, as soon as it shifts into third, it just skips the gear and goes into fourth.

OP
OP
C

cafeevil

Reaction score
I will get one right away. Will be back in half an hour. Where can I upload the video? Youtube doesn't work with my phone.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Can't really tell too much from the vid. Are you talking about the last few seconds of the video?

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Seemed a bit weird to me. Anything else run weird on the car? If you floor it does it still skip directly to 4th?

OP
OP
C

cafeevil

Reaction score
I will get another video I guess, the transmission has 68000 miles on it, the fluid is full. I had the transmission swapped for a lower mile one last year when I got this car on the road. Also, listen to them Flow Super 44's :), offroad x pipe.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I will get another video I guess, the transmission has 68000 miles on it, the fluid is full. I had the transmission swapped for a lower mile one last year when I got this car on the road. Also, listen to them Flow Super 44's :), offroad x pipe.

Hmm thats odd with 68k on the tranny lol. The exhaust sounds beefy lol. I'm sure others will chime in. I'd bring it to a mechanic you can trust to check it out

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Uh, dude, give it some more gas so we can see the damn thing shift...cant really tell whats going on there...to me it looks like it went 1-2-3 lock tq converter in 3rd and never shifted to OD but its very hard to tell with you at 2% throttle.

Edit: Just watched it again on non POS computer, still looks like the converter locking to me.

Take a better video, give it a bit more gas and accelerate up to like 60 mph-100kmph at least to see if it goes to OD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online