3 Inch or 2.5 Inch?

Knuckles281

Reaction score
I've decided on my catback now, after debating forever. I think I'm just going to play it simple and get MAC Pro dumps. They come with the flowpath mufflers, and I've read on a bunch of other forums that they sound awesome. I just don't know whether or not I should go with the 2.5 inch or 3 inch setup. Which would you guys do? If you guys can find a video of both of them, please let me know, I looked for a while and couldn't find any of a 4.6 with the 3 inch....

Pennywise2

Reaction score
N/A a 2.5 inch is perfect.
Don't go 3 inch because you will lose a good amount of low end torque
and your car will seem slower.
Any sound clips to share guys?

brwillms

Reaction score
Honestly when I first saw the title of the thread my first thought was...Either way, she won't be happy.

The second sentence of the post before mine made it that much better

Don't go 3 inch because you will lose a good amount of low end torque

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
I won't go into backpressure again...

But I will go into MAC, True Blue Performance, and how they each suck one of my balls. Two years ago, i ordered a MAC 3" catback, had a stroker motor, ported heads, etc etc. Anyway, i ordered it in mid January, along with my other part's, and started tear down on my car. All my part's came in, except the cat back, before V-day. I worked along until the end of Febuary, realized I hadn't heard an effing thing from them, and it was time to get the car down off the stands.

So I called True Blue, some hillbilly told me I had to take it up with MAC. I called him an asshole, and called MAC. Mac said, we're running behind, terribly sorry, we have your catback right here, it will go out tomarrow. W/E, I went to back to working, no worries at this point. Two weeks go by, and I think WTF? So I call MAC again, and they were like "sorry, we meant to ship it, but we ran out of boxes..." I got a little irate with that excuse, the apoligized profusely though, blamed it all on Tru Blue, called them swear words, said they were supposed to stop taking orders for that catback and they hadn't. Ok, w/e, wait another week, no catback.. Call again, we're very sorry we accidentally sent it to someone else, those clowns at True Blue gave us the wrong address. I told them forget it (it was March by this time), I wanted my money back. That's fine, just let True Blue know, and we will too.

So I call True Blue, get a non-hillbilly, he's very sorry, sad to lose my business, hopes there's no hard feelings, etc. He'll get my refund back on my card immediately. Two days later, i check my balance, no refund. Call again, Sorry, computer's went down, you'll have it by 5 pm... Guess what? Yeah, nothing. So I call the card company and file a chargeback.

Two days later, the credit card company say's they have launched an investigation, but True Blue and MAC are claiming ot have sent my items, and have furnished a tracking number (I ordered an H pipe, which I got in a timely manner, they claimed the whole order was in there). In the meantime I had gone down to Summit Racing, and bought an SLP LM1 catback to get my damn car off the stand's. I had to go to the local speed shop, show receipts from Summit for the new catback, take pics, document everything, get a signed affidavit from the speed shop that I did NOT have their catback on my car...

It was all a bunch of horseshit, and I'll never let it go or buy another MAC product again. BTW, I made 500 rwhp with 2.5" pipes :thumb:

OP
OP
K

Knuckles281

Reaction score
that blows lol. You're the only person I've ever heard have a problem with them, and apparently you had a damn big problem...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online