302 egr cap?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am looking to cap the egr on my new headers. I have seen where people use a penny and some random parts but I would like to keep it a little classier then that. I thought there use to be a dozen places to get a nice simple polished/chrome cap to put over the hole on the header but can't seem to find it anywhere anymore. Anyone have any ideas or know if the >96 egr cap will work?

SNorange94

Reaction score
I couldn't find them anywhere either. I ended up getting a brass cap from the plumbing dept at lowes.
It's a bit ugly and doesn't match, but isn't very noticeable.

JKady

Reaction score
IIRC they're just 5/8 pipe thread, should be able to find a cap to fit. Could cut the nut off an EGR tube and get a little chunk of stainless and cut that to fit. Or, just run Fox headers since they don't have the tube.

I'm not concerned with appearance under the hood at the moment so I'm running a penny sealed up with some exhaust putty.

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
IIRC they're just 5/8 pipe thread, should be able to find a cap to fit. Could cut the nut off an EGR tube and get a little chunk of stainless and cut that to fit. Or, just run Fox headers since they don't have the tube.

I'm not concerned with appearance under the hood at the moment so I'm running a penny sealed up with some exhaust putty.

When I was doing this I took my egr to work with me one day and a 5/8" cap wouldn't fit it right. I wound up doing the penny trick also on my stock intake then just got a block off plate when I got my cobra intake. And I have fox headers too.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yea same here.
IMG_20150411_183410561.jpg

And then of course, finally found a place that sells one already plated...

http://wazees.com/egr.html

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online