306 turbo build help please

lolls1

Reaction score
I need some input on my build. I have a 306 that I blew a few months ago. I'm buying an on3 turbo kit. Currently have tfs1 cam, port and polished gt40s, performer intake, carbed. Would the victor Jr intake be better than the performer for the turbo setup? Any suggestions on things I may need would be appreciated. New to the boost world.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Performer should be just fine. The Vic starts to make power in the higher rpms

looks like you have a good solid runner there. Shoot some pics this way.

OP
OP
L

lolls1

Reaction score
Just curious because I have a vc Jr also. How much power can the stock crank hold? I planned on just getting lower compression pistons not sure on what stile or brand yet, stronger rod bolts and the turbo kit. Run 12-14psi. Not sure where that will put me with hp or if it would even handle it.
I would post pics if I knew how. Lol new to the site and using my phone. But thank you for the reply

Rallim

Reaction score
Stock crank/block is about 500whp from what i've seen. I plan on going with the same kit and I'll probably have it tuned conservatively for 425-450. Blocks start to crack more then the crank having problems if I'm correct.

OP
OP
L

lolls1

Reaction score
Ya same thing I have herd. I have a 351w in the garage to but it needs a lot of work. Justblock and crank. I was goin to use it but then I'm lookin at a lot more money for ALL the odds and ends and 100lb heavier.

Rallim

Reaction score
Yeah, I looked into a 351 swap a while ago and I came to the same conclusion. Too heavy, and too much to make it even close to worth it. I'd like to do a 331 stroker kit though eventually. They actually like to rev vs. a 351 is torqeyer? Is that a word?

OP
OP
L

lolls1

Reaction score
Yup. That was the plan with the 351 before I decided to just use the 306. My buddy has a brand new 408 scat stroker kit for the 351 for $900. Figure ill get mine together with the kit and slowly build the 351 for when the 306 gose.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010