351 Swap

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Might toy with the idea of doing a 351 swap in my 95. Its got the stock 302 right now. Aode car.. I'd like to see about buying a bare 351 block and building it with my dad and having my mechanic swap it in for me. Couple questions.. Can I keep my transmission? Can I use the same longtubes? I'll probably need a bigger hood too. Is it a direct swap or are there different harnesses needed and stuff like that? Never looked into this before so I don't know much about it. I think I'd rather do this than build my stock block up honestly. And it would be cool to put a motor together.

410sn95

Reaction score
If you keep the motor pretty conventional with standard port heads and what not, It is a a pretty straight forward swap.

Your AODE will bolt up.

Wiring harness will be fine.

Longtube header selection will be a trial and error deal. Or get some custom made ones.

You don't necessarily need a new hood, there are ways to get it under a low stock hood line with careful part selection.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Scratch this idea. Gonna cost too much money with everything needed.. trickflow top end kit it is

410sn95

Reaction score
It does all start to add up but do you do it yourself you will save A LOT. The labor is the most expensive part.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
It does all start to add up but do you do it yourself you will save A LOT. The labor is the most expensive part.

I would build the block with my dad. He knows how to do all that work. But I don't have a lift, engine hoist, nada.. So my mechanic would do the physical swap of the 302 for 351. I'm still debating but I'm leaning towards the top end kit. I already have LTs, full exhaust, cai, that will all work with the top end kit. I have a 70mm tb (not installed yet), 4.10s waiting aswell. All I'd need extra thats not included in the kit is lifters, fuel pump, injectors, maf, tb adapter and tune.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online