351w heads

KYLE....

Reaction score
I have a 95 GT 351swap! What heads are best for 351w?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    361.8 KB · Views: 20

Werecow

Reaction score
I'll second that WOW!! Really nice job!! You talking iron heads or wanting to even go to aluminum heads??

OP
OP
KYLE....

KYLE....

Reaction score
Aluminum. I’m torn between AFR Competition heads or trick-flow. I’m open for suggestions also!!

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Aluminum. I’m torn between AFR Competition heads or trick-flow. I’m open for suggestions also!!

Afr makes great heads for a great price. I know several guys with similar swaps using them and making great reliable power both boosted and naturally aspirated. Depending on future plans you could also look at some of the heads by Kaase. They are designed to make some serious power but a little pricier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
KYLE....

KYLE....

Reaction score
Afr makes great heads for a great price. I know several guys with similar swaps using them and making great reliable power both boosted and naturally aspirated. Depending on future plans you could also look at some of the heads by Kaase. They are designed to make some serious power but a little pricier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks buddy! I’m
Leaning towards afr!

CobraRGuy

Reaction score
I would agree that aluminum heads are a must. My '95 R started out life with iron GT40 heads. The aluminum GT40 heads did not come out in time to make it into this car. When I built my 408 stroker I used GT40X heads which were the best aluminum heads Ford had at the time. When I built my current 429 stroker I bought a set of Brodix Track1 CNC ported by M2 Race Systems to Tom Slawko port designs. These are pretty good heads, but there are better now. I was playing it conservative setting up for only 9.75:1 compression. These Brodix heads have large 76cc chambers and I still needed to use a 13cc dish piston. Make sure you do your compression ratio calculations to achieve your goal. Include the compressed head gasket volume, area above the top ring, everything.
I will be going through my engine again this year, mostly due to the fact that the machinist who honed my aluminum block did not do so correctly and, consequently, my rings never seated. I'm upgrading from the Brodix to TrickFlow CNC R-Series 225 heads with 64cc CC to give me 11.0:1 compression and around 10% better flow. I'm also upgrading the cam to a CompCams 4-pattern 35-563-44 cam and 15931-16 short-travel lifters. I'm hoping that having higher compression, rings that actually SEAL, heads that breath considerably better and a significantly hotter cam will allow me to achieve between 650 and 700hp with no power adders.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online