3v "C" Heads

switch96

Reaction score

96_SVT_Cobra

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
those are for the 05+ mustang. if you were going to put it on yours you would pretty much need their entire top end of the motor, i think. one thing i know for sure is that your 96 cobra intake manifold will not work.

OP
OP
S

switch96

Reaction score
I didn't realize there was such a big difference. I was under the impression the Mach 1 block was a teksid. Thanks for the info guys!

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
Um your talking 2 completely different cars man.
3v heads are for the 05-present 4.6l 3v engines.

Cobra engines are 4v. i dont believe 99-04 have teskids, or im wrong. Either or, thats not the main point here.
The mach1s have cobra engines, so yes they are 4vs.. So yes it would have a cobra block.

But still not a 3v engine.

Thats all i got out of this thread so i cant really go into more. You just seem a little confused, or just were posting 2 different things without realizing it.

Edit- Our year cars have Bheads- To get some decent rains(either port and polish them), or switch to C heads. 99/01 cobra heads i believe are easier. 03/04 cobra C heads, you will need a new upper/lower intake. Course im an itiot, you do as well for the 99/01, its just theyr cheaper. Thats it.

But there is nothing wrong with our heads, and they actually do very well under FI applications. So get power out of your engine through most of the normal bolt on ways, and if you still want get them P&Pd then a tune. (with IMRC deletes and a short runner intake of course), ull be over the 300rwhp mark with that done.

OP
OP
S

switch96

Reaction score
I was under the impression Mach's were 3v motors -- that was the confusion. Thanks though.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
mach's 4v WAP block
05+gt's 3v use a special block for the vvt or vct (variable valve timing or variable came timing cant remember what tey are)

oemracing

Reaction score
I am so confused right now as what the question originally was, and what were talking about....
So We all know the 96-98 cobras had the b heads, the 99-01 cobra had the C head w/o forced induction, the 03-04 forced induction with the eaton at 8 or 9 psi STOCK. Heads on the terminators were also C, difference between the 99-01 was the rods, and pistons.
You had the teskid and the... W... something that has starts with W block. the teskid block was made by that ferrari company for select marks and cobra's. Just have to run the block models. google it for more info I would normally state.
The Mach's in 03 and and 04....
Automatics 6 bolt crank, hyperneumatic pistons, forged crank, junk rods.
Manuals 8 bolt crank, forged pistons, forged crank, I forged rods.
The machs for auto and manual used the same intake.
The 98 cobra drivetrain and electronics was an "experiment" from what I read. Some problems with non interchanging parts between other years, cant exactly remember at this time.
the 3v's you could swap to that setup. but why, besides the hot rod cams that are ahhh loby, the gt hyperneumatic piston aspect kill me.
You can do the swap, but....go with navi heads turbo, 96-98 intake cam for the 20 degree longer duration, or comp stage 2 cams, port the shit out of the intake navi heads, the exhaust port on the navi heads are tremendous. holy crap is what I said when I seen the difference. For something a little more less seen out there, roll couple of gt35r built by hta so its more of a hta3786r or something, ets or out of australia there is a intercooler company, or va speed builds massive intercooler setups.
Lot of options, when it comes to 4.6's.
essentially..... GOOGLE THAT SHIZIT SON! haha

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
wap blocks windsor automotive plant.... its a great block and one of thoes is going in my gt :)

oemracing

Reaction score
yes the teskid block was known to withstand over 1200 hp without modifications to the block, and the wap were at 750 hp.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online