Engine swap planning - analysis paralysis

Booboo

Reaction score
Boat anchor??? Similar size and weight as the 4.6l.

There is no replacement for displacement.

Screenshot 2022-03-22 071924.jpg

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Iron 460 is 720lbs, aluminum head 460 is roughly 640 lbs.

That’s 150lbs over the 4.6l. That makes a big difference on the nose of the car. And what would a radical 460 like that get for fuel mileage?

Booboo

Reaction score
I don't remember off the top of my head, but the weight is closer than that. If you add an aluminum intake, etc. you can take more weight off.

This is not a radical 460. The 545ci simply makes a lot of power. This dyno sheet is not my engine, it is similar to the engine I am working on building. I have the block but am gathering the rest of the parts before assembling the engine.

When I get it done, I will post the gas milage. I'm not worried about it because this is not a daily driver for me.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
the 460 interceptor that i had my 92 fox body was heavy the engine complete was heavy
the aluminum 4.6 just the bare block i can lift it off the ground , the 460 always needed a hand lifting it up

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
i have a tunnel ram for that 460 somewhere , that would be a nice add on for someone who dose not care about fuel mileage

Makoto

Reaction score
the 460 interceptor that i had my 92 fox body was heavy the engine complete was heavy
the aluminum 4.6 just the bare block i can lift it off the ground , the 460 always needed a hand lifting it up

i could lift a bare aluminum block one handed. a 2v aluminum block would be well under 400lbs. talk about a huge weight difference. people don't realize how much weight superchargers add. even the 4v with its huge heads and all aluminum intake weigh a ton. i'd have zero problems with an all aluminum 2v, move the battery to the back, you might even get a rear biased weight distribution with an IRS and man that sucker would hook and turn like a mofo.

07GtS197

Reaction score
i could lift a bare aluminum block one handed. a 2v aluminum block would be well under 400lbs. talk about a huge weight difference. people don't realize how much weight superchargers add. even the 4v with its huge heads and all aluminum intake weigh a ton. i'd have zero problems with an all aluminum 2v, move the battery to the back, you might even get a rear biased weight distribution with an IRS and man that sucker would hook and turn like a mofo.
I wasn’t going to keep this nut swinging thing going but this post was so laughable I had to quote it. By saying you could lift a 4.6 aluminum block one handed shows how overinflated your ego really is, whether you’re being facetious or not. You had to one up Jon. Ok I’m done lol, go on and play with your cobra.

Tim300wsm

Reaction score
I wasn’t going to keep this nut swinging thing going but this post was so laughable I had to quote it. By saying you could lift a 4.6 aluminum block one handed shows how overinflated your ego really is, whether you’re being facetious or not. You had to one up Jon. Ok I’m done lol, go on and play with your cobra.

Tim300wsm

Reaction score
From what I can find the aluminum blocks weigh 87# which sounds falsely light. My 670 twin sled motor weighs more. Granted it’s a complete motor but it’s the size of a toaster

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Mind you, that is a bare block. No crank or anything. It may not even include the main caps. But that is very close to true weight.

Snorky

Reaction score
Fun fact.. the 6.8 V10 weighs a little lesss than a terminator setup.

Makoto

Reaction score

This was the first bare block that came with my car. If you can't lift this you should start taking testosterone supplements or something.

It makes sense that you'd be as weak as your posts, though.

ODsdku3N_N2_1fiT49mOrg90T0=w612-h815-no?authuser=0.jpg

Last edited:

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I carry 3. One with each arm and then I just stick my dick in the crank hole for the 3rd. Its a bit of a squeeze so there is a tough game of using just enough lube but not too much....

Snorky

Reaction score
I carry 3. One with each arm and then I just stick my dick in the crank hole for the 3rd. Its a bit of a squeeze so there is a tough game of using just enough lube but not too much....
It only makes it past the first main journal, its like a cheese wheel!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Staff online

Members online