4.10 Track Times

OP
OP
M

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
Yeah my car is lowered, and this was the first time I had the car at the track with the 4.10s so I need to learn how to launch! Not to mention I am still not the best driver being 16. I just need more seat time to drop that!

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
With the corrected time you are a good driver but practice will shave a tenth or two. Age is only a number I started when I was 16 too.

Bluesn95

Reaction score
Thats true . More seat time always helps. I know you said you run DRs but with street tires Ive found that almost idling off the line getting some traction then nailing the throttle really helped. My times were like yours when I first raced. Let me know how long those tires last you cause im thinking about getting my own set but Im afraid that a couple weekends at the track and the tires will be done.

OP
OP
M

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
I dont have DR, I have the street 555s. Yeah I am considering next time I go to the track and get more runs in that I will try just going off of idle. It sure is an experience thing and the more track time you get the better driver you are! I love runing up at the track, but they dont have enough test and tune nights!!

Bluesn95

Reaction score
Sorry, don't know y I thought you had Dr s. In that case I've learned that in MY car the only way to get a good time with street tires is baby it off the line. . . . don't even rev it up. . . . just leave it in idle and Mash It ! Try that and see what happens. I know that it doesn't look cool but its true that spinning isn't winning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online