4.10s are in..

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
What rpm are you in on the freeway say ~70mph? I want 4.10s for the Mach 1 in the future but don't want to make it unusable on the highway.
Idk haven't been on the highway, still needa put my speedcal in.. Still didn't show up
Finally huh?

Not to sound like an ass but that means the installer didn't shim them right and needs to do it all over again? That also means opening it up again, will they be reusing your fluid?
Whatever needs to be done if the whine is still there is on him
Buncha bullies. :D

I bet they're a kick, but 4:10s probably kill your top end don't they?

Let the shop do what they do. If they ****ed up, they should take responsibility. After I rebuilt my Tlok I got a little whine/noise that went away, maybe you're just listening too hard.

Yeah a huge one.. He said it should go away in a day or two, but if its still there he'll fix it.

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Okay if it's not as noticeable as that you might be fine but I'm not sure. Obviously my dads was super noisy because the shimming was super off. When we took the gears out of his rear end there where metal chunks and shavings after just 10 miles of driving... The gears already had wear marks in them and you can tell the shimming was off by a good half inch..
Just make sure if there's a wear pattern in the gears and any metal in the rear end that he replaces that shit at his cost. He installed it he's responsible.

Crapatalkin' on the iPhone 5.0

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Okay if it's not as noticeable as that you might be fine but I'm not sure. Obviously my dads was super noisy because the shimming was super off. When we took the gears out of his rear end there where metal chunks and shavings after just 10 miles of driving... The gears already had wear marks in them and you can tell the shimming was off by a good half inch..
Just make sure if there's a wear pattern in the gears and any metal in the rear end that he replaces that shit at his cost. He installed it he's responsible.

Oh yeah, if anything needs to be adjusted, fixed or replaced its on him 100%.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
installed it he's responsible.

Oh yeah, if anything needs to be adjusted, fixed or replaced its on him 100%.

This is where you guys are TERRIBLY mistaken.

99% have it stated when you sign off on work. Even a lot of aftermarket shops unless they supply the part state this. Bc if they get a part from a vendor they can normally get credit for labor and another part if they prove it was a Manf defect.

So if you paid cash under the table you don't have any recourse really.

THEY ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR AFTERMARKET PARTS BEING INSTALLED. While most shops will try to work with you. They don't have to. That's lost wages in Overhead, electricity, misc shop supplies.

5-oh-MUSTANG

Reaction score
I love my 3.73's. When i had my aode id wanted 4.10's. But now i have a t5 im loving the 3.73's. Oh and also i get a nasty vibration at around 100km (60mph). U might need a new driveshaft because of the high gearing.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
I love my 3.73's. When i had my aode id wanted 4.10's. But now i have a t5 im loving the 3.73's. Oh and also i get a nasty vibration at around 100km (60mph). U might need a new driveshaft because of the high gearing.

This is could be true bc they are only balanced from the factory to a certain precision. Also if it's a factory DS I'm going to be the u joints or the cups for the joints are worn the hell out.

OP try clocking your DS and see if that changes it.

If not just order an Alum one off Summit or find a used one.

5-oh-MUSTANG

Reaction score
This is could be true bc they are only balanced from the factory to a certain precision. Also if it's a factory DS I'm going to be the u joints or the cups for the joints are worn the hell out.

OP try clocking your DS and see if that changes it.

If not just order an Alum one off Summit or find a used one.

Yea not worth balancing it and what not. Im pretty sure it was when I upgraded my diff and did my gears. Gonna go aluminum ds this summer.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
This is where you guys are TERRIBLY mistaken.

99% have it stated when you sign off on work. Even a lot of aftermarket shops unless they supply the part state this. Bc if they get a part from a vendor they can normally get credit for labor and another part if they prove it was a Manf defect.

So if you paid cash under the table you don't have any recourse really.

THEY ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR AFTERMARKET PARTS BEING INSTALLED. While most shops will try to work with you. They don't have to. That's lost wages in Overhead, electricity, misc shop supplies.

He's not like that. He told me straight up if anything needs to be fixed, it'll be fixed.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score

Eventually I'll get an aluminum D/S

joekd

Reaction score
Are the gears FRPP? If so don't accept any whine. I had 4.10's in my 96 and they were silent. The guy who did the install was beyond OCD and shipped them till they were perfect.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Are the gears FRPP? If so don't accept any whine. I had 4.10's in my 96 and they were silent. The guy who did the install was beyond OCD and shipped them till they were perfect.

Yes FRPP gears. Wouldn't buy anything else. It might go away in a day or so. but I'm going back Sunday night for him to do the speedcal. So if its still whining a bit, i'll tell him to fix it.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
4.10's - For men who like to finish fast ;)
Hardy har har LOL
He may not be but you also have to think it is costing time and money. So just be mindful.
I already thought of that, but in the end if he says he's gonna fix it and does, I'll be happy, since thats the moral thing to do, but than again who follows morals these days? lol. I appreciate the input man

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online