4.6 Cobra Performance Question...

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
BlackCobra50 said:
Magic said:
BlackCobra50 said:
Ok hypothetically if I WANTED to install 03/04 rods, pistons, heads, and S/C would that be possible on a 96-98 4V?

YES.

How about the valve covers? I like the 03/04 valve covers. i like how they say 32-V V8. The 96-98 cobras dont say anything on the valve covers... none that ive seen at least.

Not sure about that. The 96-98 have 2 coil packs as you know. The 99+ have 8 individual coils on the spark plugs themselves. So there is limitted room for traditional spark plug wires, and the spark plug area may also be different.

The sullivan performance tech page has alot of good information. Page 2 has pictures of the head port design of the "B" and "C" heads. You can plainly see how you could never mate the 03/04 "C" head intake to the 96/98 "B" heads.

http://www.sullivanperformance.com/YVS450/tech/tech.htm

Magic

Reaction score
BlackCobra50 said:
How about the valve covers? I like the 03/04 valve covers. i like how they say 32-V V8. The 96-98 cobras dont say anything on the valve covers... none that ive seen at least.

If you are going to use the COIL on PLUG style ignition setup, then yes it will work. (The bolt patterns between the two style valve covers are exactly the same, they just house a different style of ignition plug...) Although I have seen the 99up style valve covers be used with a CoilPack (plug wires) ignition setup before. Just looks a little funny without the covers...

FoxFour

Reaction score
Cobra Allen said:
uncltrvlnmatt said:
The same places you get the 5.0 stuff. Jeggs, Summit. 4.6 stuff is alot more expensive than 5.0 stuff.

are there any intake manifolds for the 4 valve cobras that are better than the stock one? (96-98 only)

Unless you are going to go hog wild on the engine, you would be wasting money on anything other than factory. The OEM manifold and throttle body flow very well. Save up an extra 2 grand or so and install a supercharger.

A good N/A setup would be an X or H pipe, cat back setup and gears ( do a search on that, many opinions on this) and maybe an intake pipe.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online