5.0 guys, what Oil filter do you guys run?

Tattoogod

Reaction score
correct me if im wrong..but the filter is there to filter out metal and debris..if its black its just wore out or burnt..i didnt know a filter could keep oil looking the same.. when i changed my mobil 1 oil. with a fl1a filter after 3200 miles. the oil only looked alittle darker then new.. i dont beat the crap out of my car either though..and this is with the clock reading 154,000 miles.

OP
OP

94gtstang50

Reaction score
My oil is dirty as hell b/c the woman does a lot of highway driving now, and with 4.10's it usually runs at 3k rpm's so its getting more crap sucked in and put through the motor, that and it was being run in vermont in march and april (salt season) so there was a lot of dust and sand in the air, along with pollen right now, hence the really dirty oil. Usually its pretty clean though, I have yet to change the oil with the k&n filter on there.

97vertstang

Reaction score
mobil 1!!!!i runned the k&n but heard too many good things about mobil 1 and thats all i use!!!

OP
OP

94gtstang50

Reaction score
lol, you change them every time. The new Mobil 1 filters are supposed to be better than K&N, don't know if they are though. We just got them in our store last week.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
filters are cheap compared to a worn engine.

I was running the K&N, but the Motorcraft filter tested better?

go figure.

G

GREG@SN95

fram...

use it on everything...

I know it works... so I use it

Downshift

Reaction score
Im just curious as to why everyone is hating on fram?

G

GREG@SN95

Matt94GT said:
its proven that they are made with cheap cardboard etc filter system, look on google you will be amazed with pics and tests.

show me... whats the BEST... in your opinion, oil filter?

97vertstang

Reaction score
fram= SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! every single auto mechanic or any automotive magazine, forum says not to use it, why ???just what matt said and also they dont have a drain back valve!!theyre crap!!! stay away.

wytstang

Reaction score
Do a search on bobistheoilguy.com plenty of info on frams and how the just suck. Fram used to be a good filter but they went cheap. Napa gold, Wix, Motorcraft, K&N (too pricy imo), Puraltor Pure One, and Adavance Auto parts filters have passed test and are made with qiality parts (which surprised the hell out of me lol)

BullitSN95

Reaction score
Im always Running the Famous FL1A in my 150k Stang . And I use Valvoline HighMile 10w-30... Works good no knocks or ticks from my baby

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Yeah im not a fram fan because before i got the car it was using a fram w/ adapter and there was oil residue all around the filter....Im running motorcraft now and when i put it on there, it fit like a glove! Sometimes OEM is the best remedy no matter how you put it!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markstang73

Members online