5.0 guys, what Oil filter do you guys run?

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
FL1A is the good motorcraft filter right? Whats the FL1HP? Ive been using K&N lately but I heard the motorcraft is better, and cheaper. How much do u guys pay for one of the motorcraft ones? Napa gold hey, how much are those?

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
well motorcraft here cost an arm and a leg, WIX are the only other decent ones I can get my hands on, dont feel like forking the money out for K&N anymore. Think ill have to start with wix. There good hey?

birel21y

Reaction score
I agree 100%... Fram sucks.... Go with a genuine motorcraft filter... With mt 94 cobra, i run a fl-300 filter, with 10w30 Royal Purple.

golden5.0

Reaction score
I use a Mobil1 1 m-301
a K&n
a Motorcraft fl-1a
a wix 51515
In that order whichever I can get

94Pro-5.0

Reaction score
i have a fram on my car now b/c i'm doing frequent oil changes since the new rebuild

but another couple hundred miles, on goes the K&N and Royal Purple 10W30 :coolsmiley:

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
Another vote for Fram's suckage. I use the K&N Filter and Mobil 1 but Im thinking of trying out Royal Purple oil

thorco3

Reaction score
wow, I'm gonna bump this... I've always used fram filters myself... looks like I'll be going to something different.

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
recall.jpg

This is at least the third one of these I've seen in the last 5 years. The other one was for their fuel filter O rings failing and I forget what the one before that one was for... Yeah they blow...HARD. People using fram filters even as break in filters run the risk of doing serious damage to their engines as the low grade materials and adhesives fram coming apart at high temp/pressure.

When I got my Cobra at 41,000 miles it had a damn fram filter on it and I always wondered why my oil looked old right after I changed it(I never used fram myself, always FL300s). When I pulled the pan off to rebuild the motor there was a good 2 or 3 cm film of sludge all the way accross the bottom of the pan which I attribute to the ass fram filters the guy was using because I sure as hell always changed mine at 3,000 miles and always used mobil 1.

Anyways PROVEN good filters are the Motorcrafts, WIX, Purolator, Mobil 1, and K&N. I probably forgot a few but those are the ones I know for sure.

Besides when you can get a Motorcraft filter and a 5 quart jug of Mobil 1 10w30 at Wal-Mart for under $25 why in HELL would you use anything else????

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Oldie but goodie. Always good to bump a thread that warns about the dangers of using fram products.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
ScottyDsntKnow said:
Besides when you can get a Motorcraft filter and a 5 quart jug of Mobil 1 10w30 at Wal-Mart for under $25 why in HELL would you use anything else????

Exactly. Ive never bought Fram anything and never will.

ScottyDsntKnow said:
Oldie but goodie. Always good to bump a thread that warns about the dangers of using fram products.

No problem w/ that at all

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
94GtStAnG5o said:
I personally run the FMS FL1A filter, same one as on the foxes. Every once in a while I use the FL300. Is there any difference in pressure for you all?

i know im 4.6, but i use napa gold :) with mobile 1 synthetic oil. and no additives or stabilizers. :) just saw this thread after posting on another one and figured i throw in my $0.02. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SN95.0

Members online