5.0 roots style

1994Gtvert

Reaction score
Needs some help guys. I did try searching but came up empty handed. I want too explore the idea of supercharging my 306 in the near future. Once I get the car up and running, and the bugs worked out. I wanted a KB supercharger, but of course like all other older cars. Some parts are just not available anymore. So I was thinking eaton m90 or m112, since they are very available. But does anyone make an lower intake adaptor for a 302 based motor, for a roots style supercharger? I know there are other and better setups, but nothing sounds better then the whine of a roots.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If you have access to a CNC it probably wouldn't be hard to make one. That is probably the route I will be going.

95opal

Reaction score
m90 is to small for a 5.0 use the 112. you will need an adapter plate made. and a bunch of other crap. IMO it isn't worth the hastle easier to source a used 1.8 KB
If you truly still want to proceed hit corral and look up a guy named joeystang, he used to make complete kits back a few years ago. Don't know if hes still doing them but you can try. Im sure youll find way more info on the swap over there than you will here.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Orange 94 be a guy to chat with.
He essentially did the same thing to his 3.8l v6. Im sure he could offer some great pointers

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The 3.8 has several sites that sell an adapter and kit ready to go so it's really easy

OP
OP
1994Gtvert

1994Gtvert

Reaction score
I'll see if I can find the site but I know there's a company that makes an adapter for a roots or twin screw style blower to go on a push rod

Thank you guys for your input.

i wish I had access to a CNC machine, I really want to do a roots. I can only fab so much to make it work. The lower intake would be a no go if I have too make it. In the end it all comes down to cost, if I can do it for a similar price as all the other super chargers out there. Ok, if not, well vortech or similar will be the ticket.

Reaction score
Thank you guys for your input.

i wish I had access to a CNC machine, I really want to do a roots. I can only fab so much to make it work. The lower intake would be a no go if I have too make it. In the end it all comes down to cost, if I can do it for a similar price as all the other super chargers out there. Ok, if not, well vortech or similar will be the ticket.

Here you go

http://www.kennebell.net/KBWebsite/SC_pg/Mustang 5.0/layouts/blowzillaflowzilla.htm

http://www.mustangandfords.com/featured-vehicles/m5lp-0308-supercharged-1994-ford-mustang-gt/

95opal

Reaction score
OP
OP
1994Gtvert

1994Gtvert

Reaction score
Holy crap...good bye seeing out your windshield hahah

Holy crap is an understatement! I don't think I could get motor mounts too drop the motor low enough. I see the problem is getting it too sit low enough, and with the injectors/dizzy. Forget it, it's just not a feasible route for boost.

aces ST

Reaction score
Check corral, every once in a while you will see a KB for sale.

and you're right, the whine is amazing

OP
OP
1994Gtvert

1994Gtvert

Reaction score
is the sound the reason your stuck on a roots blower?

I love the sound of a roots blower....but the main reason for me is. You always have instant boost, plus it looks and sounds cool. And the fact that I'm trying too clean the engine bay up. Its just a neat looking appearance, unlike a vortech and etc. My car isn't a DD and will never be one again. So when its driven, is nice days. So driving a positive displacement blower is fine for me and the streets.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online