5.0 vs 4.6

tooslow

Reaction score
I know this subject come up a lot, so i'm sorry for asking such a repeditive question. Is there a significant difference between 5.0 sn-95 cars and 4.6l sn-95 cars? i know the aftermarket issues with the 4.6, so many will say the 5.0 is better. How about stock for stock, and evenly matched drivers. Will the 94-95 cars be faster than the 96-98 cars?

I'm soon going to find out, lol. a guy i know just picked up a 94 GT and hasn't stopped nagging me to run him yet. I haven't an him yet not because i don't want to lose or anything, he's just an idiot that i don't want to be seen with. Does not do us stangers justice. :rice: all the way. :lame:

S

scarface

5.0 is better than a non pi 4.6 stock for stock....

BUT 4V>all others...lol :khobra:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
scarface said:
5.0 is better than a non pi 4.6 stock for stock....

BUT 4V>all others...lol :khobra:

:bunny3: :bunny3: :bunny3: :bunny3: :bunny3: :bunny3: :bunny3: :bunny3: :bunny3: :bunny3: :bunny3:

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
I say the 5.0 is better than non pi 2v's for sure. The 4v is a nice motor but put the same amount of $$ into a pushrod and you will have a nice motor too.

Its pretty much a drivers race between the non pi 2v and the 5.0 if they are similar (vert or coupe, auto or manual)

Teal_Beast

Reaction score
5.0's tend to suck down the gas a bit more then the mod motors, But the bottom line IMO is that a 5.0's block cracks at just over 500whp, making it a P.O.S

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
here a pic of the motor
97_Saleen_Motor.jpg

94twinscrew

Reaction score
Teal_Beast said:
5.0's tend to suck down the gas a bit more then the mod motors, But the bottom line IMO is that a 5.0's block cracks at just over 500whp, making it a P.O.S

um....and the 4.6 can't hold power levels over 450hp (flywheel)without having the tendency of bending a rod....so which one is the P.O.S again? Unless it's a 4v,there's nothing to compare....stock bottom vs stock bottom,the 5.0 will,and always has been, better at holding more power than a 2v 4.6. That nice tidbit of internet bench racing stats is just that....bench racing b.s. No one ever tells the real reason for their engine's demise. Most of the time it's from a poor tune,or simple stupidity. Most of the guys that grenade their block, do it from over reving the motor to achieve their pullied boost number. Hp doesn't break blocks,VIBRATIONS do.(ask any engine builder) Keep the revs under 5500rpms,and it will last for a long,long time. My motor(stock bottom) has had over 500hp and 550 torque for over 3 years,and 60k miles.....solid compression,and no signs of this magical destruction. My friends 93 puts down 579whp,and over 566 torque with his votech'd hci,and has done this for 4 years....and he goes to the track with his. Another aquaintance had a 95 turbo'd cobra that put down close 600/600 with race fuel,and 540/578 on pump gas,raced it every season for 3 years until he sold it.I could go on and on. Sorry if I come off the wrong way,I didn't have my raisin bran today :rant:

Here's a vid of the turbo stang...enjoy
http://videos.streetfire.net/search/turbo+mustang/2/35e6fcf6-a53e-4103-99d1-98a8015c2e46.htm

94twinscrew

Reaction score
scarface said:
awwww....now you are a prick too :) welcome to the club bro O0
:rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: It's hard to :-X it sometimes.....but now I feel like I belong :drunk: :angel: ;D

S

scarface

94twinscrew said:
scarface said:
awwww....now you are a prick too :) welcome to the club bro O0
:rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: It's hard to :-X it sometimes.....but now I feel like I belong :drunk: :angel: ;D
O0 :D

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
haha twinscrew everyone once in awhile ya just got to speak your mind. My battery went to shit today so i took it out to a mechanic friend and we put in a new battery and shit and there was a older guy there (40's id say) asking me how fast i had it, if it can bury the speedo etc (best one was when he asked if the maf was nitrous ;D). and i didnt say much while the mechanic was kind of grinning and shaking his head and shit. Apparently the guy has some car he thinks is fast but is pretty slow. After the guy walked away he told me i should have just said its a hell of a lot faster than your POS. ;D I laughed pretty hard.

94twinscrew

Reaction score
...lol,ya,you should have told him that it was a "ion partical stimulator",and that it adds tiny nuclear events to the combustion chamber.lol

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
haha ya. I would have said ya its n2o but there was a guy there that is the older brother of a old good friend and he would have been all wtf you dumb ass blah blah, cuz he wouldnt get me being a smartass and yanking the guys chain ;D The only thing i even care the guy said was that everything was clean as hell and a nice looking stang. Thats always nice to hear no matter how dumb the person is haha. He had a general idea that it was the last 5.0 though. :dunno: The funny thing is that it may have n2o in the near future :naughty:

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
I think ima get it just cuz everyone knocks n2o says "OMG your going to blow your motor up" etc (and bang for the buck lol). And then if anyone ever says bottles are for babies then ill just have to ask them how it feels to get your ass handed to ya by a baby ;D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online