5 link

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Anyone have one? Is it as needlessly complicated as it looks like?

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
J.R. said:
Anyone have one? Is it as needlessly complicated as it looks like?

are you referring to the steeda set up?

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
are you refering to a watts link?
they're good, more true than the pahnard.
kind of a lot of moving parts.

check the link in my other thread in here, they show how it works.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
if your referring to the steeda set up then it is Steeda version to use instead of a Wattslink or TA+PBH

Steeda's set up is has alot of moving parts and uses Poly bushings which will wear out and need to be replaced. A Panhard Bar and Torque are dont have any poly bushings

OP
OP
J

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking of Steeda's set-up. In theory it seems awesome, but I always thought in practice it looked like it was just too many damn part's.

Goindeafonmtx

Reaction score
Like the said above me, alot of moving parts. An alternative is EvM watts link and trilink setup. evolutionmotorsports.com

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
watts link is also a great set up. Better that a PBH/TA is alot of ways. When buying suspension try and stick with one company, this makes all the parts fit properly and work together. For this reason i choose Maximum Motorsports because when all there parts are teamed up is like an orgasm :santa_afro:

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i have always thought that since the steeda 5 link has so many moving parts and Bushings that either a part or bushing would break or wear out overtime and need the bushings replaced....i would be pissed trying to get bushings for the 5 link

voidfinger

Reaction score
what kind is it called when you have a panhard, torque arm and lower control arms? but no uppers...

I think Dalamar has the same set up...

OP
OP
J

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
what kind is it called when you have a panhard, torque arm and lower control arms? but no uppers...

I all it a Camaro :dancing6:

That it called a Torque arm set-up, and that is what MM offer's, and Dalamar has.

voidfinger

Reaction score
J.R. said:
voidfinger said:

I all it a Camaro :dancing6:

That it called a Torque arm set-up, and that is what MM offer's, and Dalamar has.

Is it a really good set up? or not? I really like the idea of cutting the upper arms out since the upper is the current big problem on the rear in my opinion

OP
OP
J

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
It is a really good set-up, just not as full out as the watt's and five links, but for the street, more than enough, and strong too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mysticcobra

Members online