9.5 swap in 94 mustang

93 Savage

Reaction score
What's the swapping accessories for switching a 351w into a 94 to 95 mustang v8?? I'm wanting to keep ac,p/s and alternator, and will be adding a 8 rib procharger. Motor will be all forged internal and fuel injected as well and aluminum heads as well and be custom tuned. Just wanting to know if my regular 302 accessories will go onto my 351w setup and if not what's the needed parts and or part numbers if others have done this bc surely it's been done by many people. I know the 302 is a 8.2 deck and is shorter than the 351w sp some adapter is probably needed.
Thank's

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
No adapters needed. You need the timing cover from your 302 and then all the brackets and accessories bolt on with no issues. Headers can fit depending on what they are. Motor mounts are the same. You’ll need a different intake since your 302 mistake isn’t wide enough. All electronics wire right up the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
93 Savage

93 Savage

Reaction score
No adapters needed. You need the timing cover from your 302 and then all the brackets and accessories bolt on with no issues. Headers can fit depending on what they are. Motor mounts are the same. You’ll need a different intake since your 302 mistake isn’t wide enough. All electronics wire right up the same.

Good to know!!! Thanks a ton man. I'm using accu fab or maybe mac 1 3/4 or 1 7/8 headers and 3 inch collector's is the plan.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
You can use the stock fuel rails but you’ll need to extend the crossover hoses for the additional width.

OP
OP
93 Savage

93 Savage

Reaction score
You can use the stock fuel rails but you’ll need to extend the crossover hoses for the additional width.
Don't you think with the bigger motor an supercharger it'll need a larger fuel rail and system than what the 302 used or came with though?? Just asking. What's some good brands of fuel rails that's been used??

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Don't you think with the bigger motor an supercharger it'll need a larger fuel rail and system than what the 302 used or came with though?? Just asking. What's some good brands of fuel rails that's been used??

Aeromotive makes decent rails. Or if you plan on supercharging you’ll want to upgrade the entire system as is. I’m personally gonna be using a complete kit from Glens Performance. Give them a look if your serious about supercharging a built Windsor.

OP
OP
93 Savage

93 Savage

Reaction score
Yes sir!!! I currently have a 255 pump in the car now but thinking a bigger one is needed for sure. Shoot me a picture of your's if possible man. 336 263 0255

Werecow

Reaction score
Don't forget about upgrading the fuel hanger! Stock has 3/8 out and 5/16 return. You might need to upgrade that as well...

OP
OP
93 Savage

93 Savage

Reaction score
Don't forget about upgrading the fuel hanger! Stock has 3/8 out and 5/16 return. You might need to upgrade that as well...
Yes thank's!!! Yes I'm planning to redo the complete fuel system totally, with rails,pump, fittings ect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online