94-95 GT to Cobra Master cylinder question

topless95

Reaction score
I have a 95 GT and did the 2 piston caliper upgrade and was wanting to replace my master cylinder. My question is does anyone know if they use the same size brake lines going into the MC or are they different. If they are different, does anyone know if there is an adapter to get to the right size?

Thanks as always

wytstang

Reaction score
The line fitting need to be swapped, cut the lines and switch the fitting and re-flare the lines. MM sells new lines for this swap which is a much easier road to take(I did). And it's cheaper then buying a re-flare kit if you don't have one already. artsperformanceparts.com can get you a better price then what MM list it for (10%off). He's a member here so you can pm him for a quote. Great seller btw.

wayne94mustang

Reaction score
Master Cylinder Brake Line Adapter Kit for MM Manual Brake Conversion

Includes the brake hard lines and adapter fittings to install the MM Manual Brake Conversion Kit (MMBAK-10) in a 1987-93 5.0L Mustang. The MM Manual Brake Conversion Kit relocates the brake master cylinder to a position 6.5" closer to the firewall because the power booster is eliminated. This new position requires changes to the brake hard lines. This adapter kit helps installation of the 1994-95 Cobra master cylinder. Fits both the stock brake proportioning valve/junction block, as well as the MM Proportioning Valve/Distribution Block Eliminator Kit (MMBAK-6). Includes the 3-port to 2-port conversion required to install the 1994-95 master cylinder in a 1987-93 chassis.

I copied that from your link, seems those are for swapping to manual brakes.

wytstang

Reaction score
wayne94mustang said:

Includes the brake hard lines and adapter fittings to install the MM Manual Brake Conversion Kit (MMBAK-10) in a 1987-93 5.0L Mustang. The MM Manual Brake Conversion Kit relocates the brake master cylinder to a position 6.5" closer to the firewall because the power booster is eliminated. This new position requires changes to the brake hard lines. This adapter kit helps installation of the 1994-95 Cobra master cylinder. Fits both the stock brake proportioning valve/junction block, as well as the MM Proportioning Valve/Distribution Block Eliminator Kit (MMBAK-6). Includes the 3-port to 2-port conversion required to install the 1994-95 master cylinder in a 1987-93 chassis.

Yes it's the lines to connect to the cobra MC it also works with there manual brake set up.
Master Cyl. Adapter, 94-95 Cobra M/C, 94-95 w/Stock Prop. Valve
Installs
* 1994-95 Cobra Mustang brake master cylinder (15/16" bore; BMC-4)

Into
* 1994-95 5.0L GT Mustang

Application

* Equipped with stock Power brake booster
Part#MMBAK-7

1bad95

Reaction score
isnt there a company that sells the whole cobra brake kit with all of the lines and new master cylinder all there to bolt in together?

Lee12609

Reaction score
no need to do a master cylinder swap really. the Cobra or 4 piston calipers dont hold much more fluid if any than the GT/V6 calipers. i guess one more thing to add to the mod list though.

wytstang

Reaction score
It has nothing to do with fluid capacity and everything to do with proper brake pressure. Doing the swap and leaving the stock GT MC will give you a very hard brake peddle, swaping in the correct MC will give you the proper brake pressure.
Also no kit comes with the MC brake lines, they come with everything else.

wayne94mustang

Reaction score
wytstang said:
wayne94mustang said:

Yes it's the lines to connect to the cobra MC it also works with there manual brake set up.
Installs

Into

Application

Part#MMBAK-7

no......it's saying those lines are for 94-95 gt or cobra to convert them to manual.

wayne94mustang

Reaction score
wytstang said:
It has nothing to do with fluid capacity and everything to do with proper brake pressure. Doing the swap and leaving the stock GT MC will give you a very hard brake peddle,

This is BS too.

I driven plenty of stangs with cobra brakes and gt MC and the pedals were fine.

Venomous96Cobra

Reaction score
my car has Cobra brakes front and rear and the original Gt master! I have no pedal pressure problem's so I gotta disagree with the correct pedal feel thing!!!

Lee12609

Reaction score
wytstang said:
It has nothing to do with fluid capacity and everything to do with proper brake pressure. Doing the swap and leaving the stock GT MC will give you a very hard brake peddle, swaping in the correct MC will give you the proper brake pressure.
Also no kit comes with the MC brake lines, they come with everything else.

i hate to argue with a local but the ONLY way the pedal pressure would be affected is IF the power brake booster was damaged, or not getting proper vacuum. swapping calipers will not change the pedal pressure unless the install is done incorrectly.

as for actual brake system PSI, it will be unchanged by the swap. the ONLY reason to ever do a master cylinder swap with a brake upgrade is for fluid capacity reasons.

wytstang

Reaction score
wayne94mustang said:
wytstang said:
wayne94mustang said:

Installs

Into

Application

Part#MMBAK-7

no......it's saying those lines are for 94-95 gt or cobra to convert them to manual.
No it's for a Cobra MC to stock GT prop valve. I should know they are on my car.
This is BS too.

I driven plenty of stangs with cobra brakes and gt MC and the pedals were fine.
So all the treads on corral and stangnet about hard brake peddles due to cobra brake upgrades w/gt MC are all wrong?
the ONLY reason to ever do a master cylinder swap with a brake upgrade is for fluid capacity reasons.
So Ford design the Cobra MC to have a 15/16 bore vs the GT 1 1/16 bore for no reason? It has nothing to due with GT's using a single piston and NEED more pressure/bite to stop XX feet while the Cobra uses 2 pistons and LESS bore and brakes better. Why is that?

Lee12609

Reaction score
too many people running the GT master with cobra brakes to say its needed in my opinion. i see way more people without a problem than the few WITH the problem.

i've done the swap on 2 cars and havent had the first issue.

wayne94mustang

Reaction score
Lee12609 said:
too many people running the GT master with cobra brakes to say its needed in my opinion. i see way more people without a problem than the few WITH the problem.

i've done the swap on 2 cars and havent had the first issue.

This^

Lee12609

Reaction score
so this is JUST a 94-95 problem???

i'll admit i learned something new!

username182

Reaction score
I did the cobra brake swap on my 95 and still have the gt master. The pedal feels like crap, its hard as a rock and the brakes don't "feel" better at all. I will be swapping in a cobra master shortly.

If you like worse pedal feel and worse performance than stock, go right ahead and keep the gt master. Otherwise, do it RIGHT and put in the cobra master.

BTW - This is an issue only for 94/95 cars, 96+ don't need to swap masters.

wytstang

Reaction score
Lee12609 said:
so this is JUST a 94-95 problem???

i'll admit i learned something new!
I know it's a 94/95 problem, 96+ do not have a vacuum operated/assisted MC (hydro boost system [something like that]) so they can keep their stock MC.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srchop16

Members online