94 gt running 220-240?

94gtgb

Reaction score
It's a 94 gt, changed the coolant which was pure water. done a 50-50 mix of antifreeze and purified water, put water wetter in it, new fail proof t-stat whatever is stock temp. Was told by the last owner the water pump was changed, Have not checked on the fans yet, I did get all the air out, no leaks. It seems to run warm when I drive it, idling it stays around 200. Only mods are a full exhaust, gt40 upper and lower, cold air intake, I did remove everything emission related. Any ideas? I will check the fans tomorrow night I hope, and it does not boil over.

toyman

Reaction score
What are the ambient air temperatures? Stock T-stat is 195* start to open and 205* fully open. Are the air deflectors under the bumper cover and rad still there?
Air%20deflector%20small.JPG

OP
OP

94gtgb

Reaction score
Today 90+ feels like 110? Yes the front one is still under the car in good shape, didn't know there was a second one down there, radiator looked good when I had the bumper off getting it ready for paint.

Dugzy33

Reaction score
what are you using for temp gauge?
restriction in any of the hoses? or heater core?
was the temp good before the swap?

OP
OP

94gtgb

Reaction score
I bought an aftermarket gauge, thought the factory might be wrong, and yes it was like this before the swap. I think it ran warmer. And no oil in the water, or water in the oil, but if it was a headgasket I'd use it as a reason to get heads! And no restrictions I can find. And it will take while before it gets that warm, or if I push it down the toll road between 70-110.

OP
OP

94gtgb

Reaction score
Drove it to advanced to get a new radiator cap, never went over 210. Have not drover it after the new cap, but the old one was really nasty. Once I drive it again I'll be able to check it out again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online