94 GT; the smog pump connects to the ... Emissions help please

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by jamesA, Jul 12, 2016.

1. jamesA

jamesA New Member

Hey guys. I originally purchased my Mustang in South Carolina, but since have moved to Utah. They actually have emission laws here.

I fail the visual inspection because my "engine has been modified"... the smog pump is there, but it's not connected to anything. Its just sitting there; probably just as equally useful as it were connected i'm guessing.

I know there has to be some sort of hose assembly or something that it should connect to.. What do I need and where does it go?

Ideally I'd just do a smog pump delete pulley, but I'm guessing that won't help me pass the visual inspection. But I'm desperate to get this back on the road, so I'm very open to anything legal. :)

Thanks in advance!

2. mcglsr2

mcglsr2 Well-Known Member SN95 Supporter

Bummer about emissions :(

But to answer your question, here's a link a PDF on how to remove the smog pump - I understand you don't want to remove it, however it does list out all the things that are a part of the system, so that should help you identify what you do have and what do you not have...

3. jamesA

jamesA New Member

Any ideas where to purchase these parts?

4. mcglsr2

mcglsr2 Well-Known Member SN95 Supporter

Late Model Restoration might have some of them new. Honestly, your best bet will be either a salvage yard, find a member online that is removing his/her smog stuffs (or has it stored away and doesn't need it), eBay might work (not sure about prices though), or a member that specifically finds parts off of cars and ships them to you.

5. jamesA

jamesA New Member

Thanks, I'll start looking around. If anyone here has the parts laying around still; send me a PM!