94 GT valve seal replacement w/ upgrades

gopanoz

Reaction score
Anyone replaced valve seals on stock heads but then replaced stock springs, rockers, guide plates and pushrods with something from comp cam or trick flow? Anything to avoid? Anything I should get? I am not looking for max power since its just for fun. Just would hate to pass up the opportunity for some gains. Valve cover spacers likely a good idea. Should a E303 go in at same time? (I love lope)

Attachments

• IMG_4113.JPG
    IMG_4113.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 6

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Look up idle videos for the b303. Has a nice thump to it. Step up to 1.7 roller rockers. Factory spring rate isn’t bad for this specific setup but wouldn’t hurt to step up just a but to avoid valve float in the higher rpms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wood's 5.0

Reaction score
Man, if you're going to replace the cam, do the heads, throttle-body, and intake, too. Stock heads will only flow so much regardless what you do to them; same with the intake. A good set of iron GT-40 heads, 1.6 or 1.7 roller rockers, #24 injectors, re-calibrate your MAF sensor, Steeda #19 cam. I'm figuring you have exhaust already done. Our computers are finicky and the Steeda cam plays well with it. I had to remove the baffle in my right side valve cover to get the 1.7's to clear but they fit. That setup will give you a bigger punch and not break the bank. Do it once, do it right, and be done with it. IMHO, of course as I have been there, done that, spent the money, and got the shirt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5pointSL0

Staff online

Members online