94 mustang gt not starting

neonstang

Reaction score
Hi, The problem with my 94 mustang gt is that my father was going to move the car and connected the battery backwards and now the car crank but I can not hear the fuel pump activating. We check the fuses in the engine and inside the car and they all check good. Then I replace the CCRM with a spare one I have and nothing. The fuel pump does not activate. I check the switch in the trunk and is down, so I think that is not the issue. Does anyone have a similar problem or can help me with this issue. What to check next? Does the car hasanother fuse that work with the pump? or Did the fuel pump was damaged for placing the battery backwards? The pump is a BBK unit. Thank you.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
did you check the inertia switch in the trunk? It should not have popped but when you wire thing backwards strange things happen

OP
OP
N

neonstang

Reaction score
Finally found the problem. Thank you Nighttrain and ttocs for your help. The first thing I check was the inertia switch, but is was ok, so as Nighttrain suggested I jump the pump to the battery and nothing happen, so I bring the fuel tank down and found out that the strainer was gone and the fuel pump is seized. Now I have to clean the fuel tank, buy a new pump, new fuel filter and check the fuel lines and injectors just to be sure it didn't get any of the particles of the strainer. I believe this happen because the car was in a paint shop for a year. It is a sad that the fuel pump was a BBK unit with only a few years.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.