95 Eaton Swap

OP
OP
waltnono

waltnono

Reaction score
Ordered the rod today. My parts guy told me they he had two weights for the rod. One was 565 grams and I don't remember the other.

I was told that 5 grams shouldn't make a big difference if I'm not rev'n that high but I'm not going to take a chance. I will shave a little off the new rod after I weight it to get them close.

So I rig up my spring compress and it took me 15mins to finish. Wish I would have thought of this in the beginning.

Will start lapping the other head 2morrow and hopefully the rod will be here Monday.

OP
OP
waltnono

waltnono

Reaction score
I really, really hope my rod comes 2morrow.

15way.jpg

OP
OP
waltnono

waltnono

Reaction score
Clean the other head up and assembled everything. Both heads are done and my rod came today. So the short block is done but I'm not sure if I should get the heads shaved of not. In the worst spot I can get .003 feeler gauge when checking for warping. I want to assemble everything tomorrow but I think I'll wait and talk to my machinist Monday.

OP
OP
waltnono

waltnono

Reaction score
Random pic, just waiting to install the cams this weekend. After I get everything assembled I will start working on the custom bracket for the eaton. As you can tell, this is not a 03-04 timing cover.

IMG00086-20110920-1406.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alocalguy1337

Members online