95 gt overheating

prstang

Reaction score
Something as simple as a worn radiator cap can cause the engine to overheat. It's a relatively inexpensive replacement.

OP
OP
A

armyed

Reaction score
Thanks everyone...when im home in october I will go buy the temp sensor and replace that and see if that fixes the problem. also I already bought a brand new radiator cap..that was one of the first things I did when it started overheating. If none of that fixes the problem ill go buy a fluidyne 2 core radiator and that should def take care of the problem.

OP
OP
A

armyed

Reaction score
im looking at buying a fluidyne radiator from this guy thats used. heres what he says.
94-95 Ford Mustang Fluidyne Radiator (Manual Transmission), Looks good, All fins look good, however it has two small leaks, one is a very small crack in the weld on the end tank, and the other is where one of the outside fins meets the end tank, any competent radiator shop should be able to fix this. Otherwise it is a good radiator.
now my question is anyone know if this sounds like it can be fixed by a radiator shop? i asked for some pics of it where it is leaking if he can see it. let me know

OP
OP
A

armyed

Reaction score
No the radiator I am thinking about buying has 2 small leaks in it and its a 2 core fluidyne aluminum radiator. I can get it for next to nothing just have to pay shipping but wondering if it sounds like it can be fixed. Instead of spending 450 bucks on a new on I can get this one for about 40 and pay a radiator shop to fix the leaks and im sure that doesnt cost hardley anything. But from what he said about it was wondering from anyone who knows radiator repair if it sounds like it can be fixed.

OP
OP
A

armyed

Reaction score
oh yea I know im not covering it up I just want to get an aluminum radiator for weight saving and for future mods. I think its been overheating because it needs a temp sensor so ill do that and see how the heat does...Hopefully thats what it is but I still want an aluminum one

OP
OP
A

armyed

Reaction score
thats the whole reason why I want to know if it sounds fixable cause a used fluidyne radiator for about 40 bucks vs 450 for a new one im willing to pay that for a badass radiator

NYC94GT

Reaction score
armyed said:
im looking at buying a fluidyne radiator from this guy thats used. heres what he says.
94-95 Ford Mustang Fluidyne Radiator (Manual Transmission), Looks good, All fins look good, however it has two small leaks, one is a very small crack in the weld on the end tank, and the other is where one of the outside fins meets the end tank, any competent radiator shop should be able to fix this. Otherwise it is a good radiator.
now my question is anyone know if this sounds like it can be fixed by a radiator shop? i asked for some pics of it where it is leaking if he can see it. let me know
Call Fluidyne. I had a leak and they replaced it for free. Just had to send them back mine and they sent me a new one. They are having "issues" with theirs.

rcjustin

Reaction score
dont forget to replace rad cap. Btought me from L to boil down to n or o. Start small.

OP
OP
A

armyed

Reaction score
already did the radiator cap..think its a 16 pound one...just gona change the temp sensor and see if that causing it...also the fluidyne radiator should help nicely as well

NYC94GT

Reaction score
armyed said:
already did the radiator cap..think its a 16 pound one...just gona change the temp sensor and see if that causing it...also the fluidyne radiator should help nicely as well
It's a nice piece. Too bad the A/C condenser is in the way or you would see this aluminum piece through the grill hole.

OP
OP
A

armyed

Reaction score
yea well as long as it keeps the pony runnin cool I can deal with the not seeing it from the outside

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.