95 GT | Unable to trace idle issue

OP
OP
tpoteet

tpoteet

Reaction score
So the idle “cam” feeling came back at a stop light along with the intermittent CEL, so I rushed home and grabbed the scanner and did a KOER test so it wouldn’t disappear like it normally does. This is the only engine code it spit out. Any ideas? Timing is correct now at 10 degrees BTC, I’ve cleaned MAF recently and it had no change.

Attachments

• 17B63085-2FDA-4067-9080-977B1B329330.jpeg
    17B63085-2FDA-4067-9080-977B1B329330.jpeg
    109.9 KB · Views: 11

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
It could be an exhaust leak when its hot or you can try swapping O2s and see if it moves or a new one and see if it goes away.

Clutch Cargo

Reaction score
The only reason I am making a comment here is because I had something similar happen. An "out of the blue" dip in RPMs.

Took it back to my engine builder and of course they could not find it. So they set it up to some machine for several days until they caught it. It was a bad spark plug CABLE. They swapped out the cables and the problem was gone. That's the only I did not see listed specifically in you list of parts you have swapped out.

OP
OP
tpoteet

tpoteet

Reaction score
Solved with MAF cleaning(again), timing adjustment, and new driver 02 sensor. Sensor was causing bank 2 lean condition

Monday

Reaction score
I can't type worth shit sometimes...

I was talking.

I said that it would not be good enough. It's going to happen again. I only solved this very problem after buying a new MAF. You could have diagnosed by pulling the MAF electrics and it would have told you right there with the engine running/stalling/feels like no gas then too much - took me a week to figure out it was the MAF. On the day I fixed it, I just started unplugging stuff in the engine... MAF was third, and I immediately knew I found the problem, and I had it fixed in two hours. Had to find a new one.

AND, I did use Brakleen, and then MAF Cleaner. That was in the first couple days. My friend told me "there's no difference, Brakleen's prolly better."

short of it, still failed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online