95 Mustang Convertible/ Cobra Clone

BillG

Reaction score
Well have posted some questions on it so figured I would post some pics of what looks to be an interesting project ahead. Little info or at least what I know. My brother picked this car up from a young man after he apparently blew a head gasket and just lost interest in working on it or got over whelmed. Head gasket was replaced it has SVT Cobra Heads according to casting marks stamped on heads, The intake is a Cobra GT/40 intake manifold and Intake has the Cobra badge on it. It started its life as a GT according to the VIN so not sure if it got a full motor swap or bolt on stuff at the moment. Gonna be an interesting deal cause the person that took it a part didn't label or package anything. Already had to replace injectors to be safe and not sure on flow cause Ford cant give me any info. Had to replace intake bolts with ARP cause couldn't find all the stock ones. Enjoy the pics and feel free to share any info.
95 Mustang.jpg mustang intake number.jpg mustang intake.jpg Throttle Body.jpg

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Im not in the Corps so I cannot confirm said allegations.

Being in the Army, it gets said that Marines eat crayons all the time. My best friend was in the Corps a bunch of years ago and he seems to be ok, its gotta be a new age things. Like the kids eating tide pods.

OP
OP
BillG

BillG

Reaction score
Im not in the Corps so I cannot confirm said allegations.

Being in the Army, it gets said that Marines eat crayons all the time. My best friend was in the Corps a bunch of years ago and he seems to be ok, its gotta be a new age things. Like the kids eating tide pods.
Yea I started hearing it a lot when I was working at Shaw Air Force Base this past summer. Found it funny when I told them I was old school Corps they clammed up. I later told them I also have a sense of humor as well Gezzzz. Was a lot of funny after that. I'm working at Ft. Jackson right and all I can say is Interesting LOL.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yea I started hearing it a lot when I was working at Shaw Air Force Base this past summer. Found it funny when I told them I was old school Corps they clammed up. I later told them I also have a sense of humor as well Gezzzz. Was a lot of funny after that. I'm working at Ft. Jackson right and all I can say is Interesting LOL.

Fort Jackson down in SC?? Isn’t that an army base used mainly for basic training????

What’s a marine doing down there???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BillG

BillG

Reaction score
They look sort of like the ford racing 28 lbs injector
I have a set like that on my 95 5.0
They are the ones I got from ford to replace the ones that had been sitting. The guys at dealership was no help at all so I went to an OEM parts sight and they listed them for 5.0 and Cobra so I bought them in Rock Auto for a lot cheaper.

OP
OP
BillG

BillG

Reaction score
Fort Jackson down in SC?? Isn’t that an army base used mainly for basic training????

What’s a marine doing down there???

I am out of the military now. I work in government facilities on there networks and security stuff. I get to see a lot of neat stuff in my travels now, but I wear my eagle globe and anchor everywhere.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I am out of the military now. I work in government facilities on there networks and security stuff. I get to see a lot of neat stuff in my travels now, but I wear my eagle globe and anchor everywhere.

Aaawwww!!! Gotcha!!! I’ve done a lot of work on government facilities as well. Mainly their access control and cameras. We do a lot of network cabling for different places but I haven’t done that for any bases or government buildings yet.

50HSN95

Reaction score
Cool project. I have always had a soft spot for those wheels, think I'm one of very few though :)

OP
OP
BillG

BillG

Reaction score
Well Guys It’s Alive. I wish I could post the video of it but it says it’s to large and I don’t have any place to post it other than FB. Thanks you guys so much for info on this thing. Without it it would have never gotten done. Only minor issues at moment. The emergency brake and ABS light is on and the tach isn’t really working right. Once it’s in my garage I’ll start working on those as well as new interior and other little fixes before the major unveiling.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
its free to post to youtube. You can keep it a private video that is only seen where you put the link

OP
OP
BillG

BillG

Reaction score
its free to post to youtube. You can keep it a private video that is only seen where you put the link
If it was a longer video it would be worthy of such a thing. Just an 18 sec video of it coming down the road and stopping after we got it running.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online