95 plenum set up 1st timedoing

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Believe it or not it actually looks nice on there from the front and side in the daylight.

Eeeehhhhhhhhh........don't, just don't.

To each their own i guess......but......nope, can't bring myself to like it. Sorry dude

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
Don't worry it's not staying there,we were just messing around yesterday and what we/ I found out is it looks nice sitting lower,wasn't the best way but it did drop the car down just to see. About the only body change would be s set of side skirt's.

Right now I need to figure out what move I want to do with the transmission,Lentech,Monster,local rebuild ect.

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
See... more money than brains
i don't know how to rebuild a aode transmission and if I want my car to go anywhere reliably I need a tranny so if you have a better way to do it without spending money please let me know,last time I checked they don't just give them away,it might be just something in the valve body,guess I could higher a tow truck and take it to a shop 10 miles away witch is the closest to me. I did pull a 652 off it last week before I did whatever I did to it the other day while driving it.

Addermk2

Reaction score
4R70W from a 2wd 5.0 exploder, and a J-mod.

Or go talk to the guys at Silver Fox Transmissions.

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
J Mod doesn't look to bad to do if changing trans, I imagine that the valve body is somewhat the same as the aode,I'll need to read and see what size hole they are putting in the separator plates.

Addermk2

Reaction score
AODE that fits a 95 are 94-95 mustang specific IIRC. However a 4R70W from a 2wd 5.0 exploder is almost plug and play. Plus when j-modded, they handle 500ish hp

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
I know the AODE is limited to 94-95 but I'm not sure about the 4R70W,what years on that one? I do have a the chance to buy a AODE that I could rebuild,the j mod sounds like a good deal if I can get a 4R70W at the right price or else the AODE is the way I'll go.

Addermk2

Reaction score
If you can't figure out what year to search for... you've got issues.

I literally told you what vehicle to pull one from.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
If you can't figure out what year to search for... you've got issues.

I literally told you what vehicle to pull one from.

Dude I love watching you help someone. I swear I see it happen and then I am just waiting for the end knowing that it never ends in a "great thank you!" knowing that the very next question will hurt them a little, and make the rest of us grin a little(in an sick way I admit).

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
Yayaya explorer 2wd 4r70w blablabla I got ya the 1st time it was more of a ya 92-98 works fine kinda thing but yikes I could really have fun here hahaha oh and I did look it up I just didn't read what size holes they were putting in the separate' plates,i will read up on the j mod later. Checked Craigslist in Mn and not one 4r70w/AODE listed for 2wd all 4wd and the 2 I knew about were for 4wd also,need to start calling junk yards if I want to go the explorer way.

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
I'm just trying to figure out if 96-2001 Explorer short block(piston-crank-block only)4wd and or 2wd will work and don't care about Pistons so much because I have no plans to run boost or nitro but depending on miles that would change due to the fact I would go .30 over and then put different Pistons in it....I've been reading and can't find anything that says the 2wd is different then 4 we'd when it come to just the short block...

Adder you want to chime In.....Anyone !!

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
Never mind the shorts are the same I'm tired been up all night and confused engine with Trany Trany is 2wd only man I'm tired.

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
Found a AODE about a hour north of me and he said it had around 138k on it so I'm good to go have it rebuilt,think I'll clean and tear it down myself and if it is a epic fail I'll take it to Fargo....Did a C4 back in 77 for my 66 Pony but I fear this is nothing like a C4.....
Most days life is good some others not so much.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Canaryonvskf’s

Members online